🕊Ain't No Good Life🕊

"Are you sure about this Ella?" Carly asked as we got into the truck.

"It's not too late to change your mind sweetheart." Ronnie kissed the top of my head as I held Jack tightly to my chest.

"It's only a one time thing. She'll meet Jack and then we'll be on our way." I truly hated the idea of doing this. But if I failed to give that woman what she wanted she'd do nothing but harass me even more.

---
"God I forgot how sketchy this area of town could be." Ronnie cringed at the sight of our surroundings; the air smelled of nothing but tobbaco, and the structures were slowly decaying. "You girls gonna be okay here? I just need myself a pack of smokes."

"Alright hun. Hurry though, I feel like I'm gonna get murdered over here." I admitted as I ran my hand through my hair. Ronnie kissed me on the cheek, abruptly closing the truck door and striding for the small store.

"I hope I can have what you guys have someday." Carly blurted from the backseat. "I can't stop thinking about how good you guys are for eachother."

"I know I tease you all the time. But this time I'm serious. You dig Gary, don't you? Oh c'mon Carly it's obvious."

"It wouldn't work out Ella. I just have to find my own Ronnie Van Zant. Who may or may not be named Ronnie."

"As long as you don't steal my man I don't care who you go to bed with." I chuckled as we connected hands. "You'll find Mr. Perfect don't worry. Hey what about Jimmy? You know, the guy you work with."

"HE'S MY BOSS ELLA!"

"Hey don't bite my head off! I was just saying!"

"Well don't. Hey uh.. who's that? They've been watching us for an uncomfortable amount of time."

"Probobly just some creep. Don't worry about it, I'm sure Ronnie won't be much longer."

C'mon Ronnie hurry up. The man that Carly was questioning was getting closer to our truck. Not even having the doors locked comforted me considering weapons he may or may not have.

"What the hell do you WANT?" Carly shouted out the window once he was dangerously close to it.

"I just wanna talk you two." I felt everything began to spin when he said those words. Tears were welled up in my eyes, soon beginning to soak my cheeks.

I can't explain the relief I felt when Ronnie showed up. With one glare from him, the man scurried away.

"If there's a sign that we should turn back, that's it for sure."