🕊The Chain🕊

"Couldn't sleep?" At two in the morning, I'd hoped that the lobby would have been empty, but instead of that, Ronnie was sat in one of the chairs across from where I was standing.

"No. Nightmares. Again." I said grumpily. "Nightmares serve a purpose but I'm yet to find it."

This particular dream had become pretty typical. It would be the one thing that ruined my life. Judy finding out about what Ronnie and I had been doing. I used to dream about her walking in on us having sex, but now it's worse.

"C'mere." Ronnie instructed me as he patted his lap.

With a heavy sigh, I did as he desired me to. Once I was sat on his lap, he placed his hand on my cheek.

"You've been acting odd. More nightmares, anxious. Is there anything you need to talk to me about?"

"No I'm fine." I assured him. "Just those old insomnia problems coming back again."

"Do you need me to sing to you?" Ronnie asked smoothly as he left a few kisses on my neck. "That always worked back in the day huh? I could sing you simple man and you'd fall asleep in my arms."

Growing more tired by the second, I stretched my arms as I let out a yawn, leaning my head on his shoulder. I then heard his melodic voice singing the iconic lyrics of "Simple Man."

I wasn't fully awake when he was carrying me back to the hotel room. My eyes wern't open, my mind went though millions of random thoughts. Alot of them didn't make any damn sense, but then the contents of my nightmare came up. "Ronnie." I whispered, drowsy. "I have to tell you something."