🕊I Know A Little🕊

"Wow I remeber this place." I said with a slight high creeping up on me. Without hesitation Ronnie grabbed my hand for comfort. I took in my surroundings; while I did so I found myself feeling the bittersweetness of nostalgia. "Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I knew this response was bullshit, but I didn't push him to tell me what was really on his mind.

This isn't right. The whole memory lane thing? All that's gonna do is make him attached to me again. Sure, in another life where the odds were in my favour we would have gotten married, maybe had a child so Tammy could have a sibling; but that won't happen now and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.

For awhile, Ronnie remained extremely silent. During the time when we wern't communicating, I studied my surroundings in even more detail; in the distance there were abandoned train cars, and the sky had turned to a glamours orange colour.

"Train!" I hadn't even noticed the steel machine rushing towards us; Ronnie pushed us both out of the way before the life was ripped out of us. The bad thing? He landed right on top of me.

"Well that was close." I suppose I was trying to sound serious, but I suppose that even in such an anxiety inducing situation I found an ability to laugh.

"There's that smile." Ronnie said sweetly as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

Although I was mad at myself for this, my brain played loose with my heart; allowing me to enjoy this moment. Ronnie then laid his head on my chest as he lit up a cigerette.

"Kiss me." My breath hitched as I blurted this out, soon after our lips were connected together, and whatever was meant to happen...

I was going to let it.