🕊Walk Me Home🕊

Ella, 1972
Observing a dust tornado that clouded in my kitchen, I sat still watching it, feeling extremely dumbfounded. I tried my best to wear an expression that would convcince the general public that my mind was about as full as Brad's heart was--but that didn't seem possible.

I weighed the pros and cons of getting out of here. The pros were clear; no more dealing with my mother, and no more Brad. On top of that, my dreamy self could wake up next to Ronnie everyday. Nothing I can think of would be greater than that.

The cons?

There's no way Brad is gonna just gonna sit around smoking cigarettes if I up and leave. He'll be sure to find me and bring me back to this hell hole, so it's a given that Gary and Allen might have to be our body guards.

The fact that this was even an option was being kept a secret. I talked to Carly on the phone last night and she was in full support of the idea. She and the rest of Ronnie's rebellious mules were the only ones to know.

Brad sat infront of me, only bothering to look at me when he scolded me with his eyes. I bit my lip and tried to focus on something else in the room. Old photographs on the wall wern't doing the trick though, so instead I day dreamed about the perfect life Ronnie and I could have together.

Maybe we'd get married, have a few kids, and die happy when our kids are grown and we lived good long lives. That's what I've always wanted at least.

"I'll get the door." I said simply, Brad following close behind me. I continued to chew on my lip and sped up my walking pace, hoping to see who was on the other side before Brad did. Since he was home earlier then usual, it's possible it was Ronnie. And if Brad sees that it's him the two of us are going to end up in the ground.

I closed my eyes for a second, but Brad took it upon himself to open the door. FUCK I SHOULD HAVE CALLED...

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Brad hissed and grabbed my back end. It impressed me how calm Ronnie could stay with Brad's eyes firing into his soul.

I take back the calm part. "You listen to me right now. If you don't stay away from her right now I swear to-."

Just before Brad was about to throw his first punch, he shoved me out of the way, causing me to tumble down the stairs. When I woke up, my mother and Ronnie were screaming at eachother whilest Brad was in hand cuffs.

So, it was lucky considering Ronnie's rowdy reputation that the cops beileved he only fought with self defense in mind.

My mother didn't share the same enthusiasm as far as Brad being arrested went. Her side of the story is full of bullshit claims about my "newfound behaviour of rebellious actions and sex" taking over my emotions.

Needless to say, that night was a night that Ronnie and I couldn't just pretend didn't happen. So, later on I snuck out to see him. I wasn't mad at all, none the less there was a conversation that needed to be had.