~Chapter 12~

Katelyn's POV

          During my long walk to home, I kinda found something weird ahout today. No nothing bad happened. Its just that usually when we were talking, aside from sharing things about ourselves, she seems to talk about a lot about Jeffory and Abby. Nothing's really wrong with that, its just that she talked about them in a different way. I just couldn't pinpoint what it is but it just seemed different than how we usually talk about them.

Anyways, that doesn't really matter anymore. I'm sure she just wanted a bit more info on how things were going between me and Jeffory, including Abby.

I got home and grabbed my key as I unlocked the door.

I entered the house and called out my boyfriend as I shut the door behind me,

"Hey Trav, I'm home!"

There was no response. I got a little worried.

I placed down my keys on a desk and placed the leftovers on the kitchen counter. I then headed upstairs to check on my boyfriend.

"Trav? Travis?"

I opened the door of our room without even knocking.

Thats when I realized what I saw. I stood there in shock as I watched Travis being in a meditation pose while levitating some books. They were floating in a circle above him and I just stood there without even moving.

He seemed to be in complete focus here.

Does he have magic? What in Irene is happening?!

I then decided to try to call him out,

"Travis?!"

He jumped a bit making most of the books fall on him while some just fell on the floor.

"Ow!!" He said as he winced in pain from the falling books.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."

"Its fine, I was the one who didn't realize you were here. Speaking of which, I thought you'd be here a bit later."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, usually your girls' day out often end up later in the night or something."

I chuckled and replied, "Well, not every girls' day out end up having the day end late at night. Jasmine and I just took some relaxation in the spa and ate at Olive Garden for lunch."

He gasped, "Are there any leftovers?!" He kneeled up like a child, hoping I said yes.

"Yeah, I got some breadsticks and a few leftovers." I smirked and he did a victory dance.

I laughed until it faded out. I then asked him worriedly,

"Travis?"

"Yeah?" He stopped his victory dance and started to sound more concerned.

"D-Do you have magic? Like, are you some kind of warlock or something?"

He sighed as he hunged his head down,

"Y-Yeah. My dad's a warlock, so I have his genes."

Terry was a warlock?! How come none of them told me??

"Why didn't you tell me Travis?"

"I'm so sorry Katelyn"

He got out of bed and hugged me I hugged him back and while we were in that position, he explained,

"My powers back then as a child were just complete unstable. My dad tried to help me but I was never always good at learning how to control them, so thats why I told him to stop even though he insisted. After a while of talking, he then just agreed and so he told me to atleast study about the spells even though I didn't have to learn them."