~Chapter 18~

The next day...

Travis' POV

I was in the living room having a phone call with Jeffory and I was already habing a terrible day now.

"WHAT?!" I yelled through my phone.

"Come on Travis, you and Abby seem like you guys are going great!!"

"But but but... I'm not ready yet Jeffory!! Hanging out with her or playing with her would be okay with me... BUT BABYSITTING??!! I cant do that!!"

"I'm sure you can Travis. All you gotta do is just take care of her while Katelyn, my mom and I are out."

"But can I get some help from anyone?"

"Nope."

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"One, Aphmau is sick and so Aaron is taking care of her. Two, Kawaii-Chan, Laurance, Garroth and Zane are in the Maid Café working. Three, Lucinda is also at work so you're out of options."

"How about Vylad?"

"Vylad?"

"You know... the little brother of Garroth and Zane? He just moved in the neighborhood yesterday."

"No."

"What? Why?!"

"Cuz he just moved in so of course he has to fix and organicmze his stuff so he's busy." He joked

I groaned loudly, "Jeffory, you can't be serious! Why??!!"

"Please Travis?"

"No!! Look as much as I would like to take care of her, I don't want to! Plus, I.... also have... work." I lied.

"No you don't"

"Yes I do."

"Katelyn said that your boss gave you a day off because he thinks you still need some rest."

Damn it..

"B-But-"

"No buts, you're babysitting for her and thats final."

"Grr.. fine."

"Yey! Thanks Travis!"

"Yeah no problem."

We both hung up. I let my body fall on the couch and heavily sighed in frustration.

Katelyn then came in and noticed my sadness. She had heslef in some nice clothes for today since she was going to hangout with Jeffory amd his mom.

"So... you're going to babysit Abby?"

I nodded.

She walked towards the couch and sat beside me.

"Don't worry Trav, Jeffory really wants the both of you to be good friends. He wants to make sure that Abby doesn't think of you as a looser but as a great person."

"I appreciate it... but I don't want to do it through babysitting. Remember the last time I babysat for Abby?"

"Yeah, it was...okay."

"See? I'm okay to the fact that Jeffory is making me do this so that Abby and I can be friends, but I don't want to do it through taking care of her."

"Its okay Travis. Jeffory trusts you so you have to trust him that this idea of his is going to work."

I nodded, "Okay.."

Katelyn tightly hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and kissed her cheek as well.

~~~

          After a while, Jeffory, Jasmine and Abby arrived infront of our house with his car.

"Auntie Katelyn!!" Abby came running towards Katelyn to hug her leg.

"Hey there, Abby!" Katelyn greeted back.

"Hell there, Travis. Jeffory had told you were going to take care of Abby while we're gone." Jasmine said in a.... flirtatious way? I don't know. Maybe I wasn't hearing right.

"U-Uhh yeah. Jeffory called me this morning about that." I rubbed the back of my neck  of my neck but instantly gave a death glare to Jeffory.

"Well we better get going," Katelyn said and kneeled down to Abby and carried her.

"Don't worry, Abby. Uncle Travis is going to take care of you while we're gone. You behave alright?"

"Okay!" She smiled as Katelyn gave her to me and so it was me carrying her thid time. Wow, this is the first time I tried carrying her like this.

I then noticed that Abby secretly glared at me. I gulped in terror. Oh come on, I thought we were going well together!

"Bye Abby! I love you so much." Jeffory said to his daughter.

"Bye daddy! I love you too." Abby replied.

The three of them went in Jeffory's car and did their final wave at both of us before they drove off.

"Come on Abby, lets get inside."

"Okay..." she frustratingly replied.

We got in my house and I placed Abby on the couch.

"So... what do you want to do? Watch My Little Horsies? Play games? Eat?"

"Listen Travis," Woah, I thought she calls me Uncle Travis. What's going on?

"Daddy and Auntie Katelyn may have told us to 'bond' with each other, but that only means if they see us do that."

"So you're saying that you've been pretending to be nice to me?"

"Of course. Why would I even like you? Sure you gave me thw unixorn which I appreciated it, but still, it doesn't mean I like you. Daddy deserves Auntie Katelyn and she doesn't deserve you." She crossed her arms.

I lowered my head in disappointment, "Oh, okay then"

This whole time, she was just pretending to be nice to me? Well that sucks... a lot.

"Well even if you still hate me, I'm still gonna do what your dad told me to do: take care of you and atleast try to interact with you."

"Try your best, but it won't work. Nothing you'll try to do will make me like you and think of you as my friend."

"Thats okay, I'm good with that. I've done this kind of situation with Katelyn before, I can do it again with you." I said still keeping my head low.

"What do you mean by that?" She questioned in a sassy.

"Its okay, you don't need to know." I finally lifted my head up facing to her as I fake smiled at her.

"O-kay then... Well I want to watch My Little Horsies."

"Sure thing."

I went to get the remote and turned the TV on, switched tge channel to MLH and Abby started watching it.

I sat on the other end of the couch and watched it with her.

I was just too sad on the inside. I really want to make a connection with her but I didn't know what can make Abby like me as her friend.