~Chapter 16~

Flashback starts

A week ago...

Travis' POV

          I was holding a black paper bag while walking back to Lover's Lane from the jewelry shop since I bought something really special there. It was a surprise for Katelyn but I didn't want her to know so I had to go to Dante's.

I knocked on his door and he opened it.

"Hey Travis!"

"Wassup Dante!"

"Come in!"

I entered the house and he closed the door behind us.

"So you said that there's something you want me to keep it a secret?" He questioned.

"Yup!"

I took out a small velvet box and opened it, revealing a beautiful engagement ring.

"Jdjabaisksiwj WHAT THE HE-"

"Shhhhhh!!" I shushed him.

He apologized in whisper, "Oops, sorry."

Dante whisperly fangirled and sounded like a girl.

I laughed and closed the box and placed it back in the bag.

"Are you going to propose to Katelyn?!" Dante whispered.

"Yeah, but not yet. I need to wait until I'm actually feeling better from my headaches before I could actually propose to Katelyn."

"Oh well thats good. Did you ask approval from Eric to marry his daughter?"

"Yup, he and Sylvanna were actually really excited for me."

"Its a good thing he didn't try to hit you or anything." Dante joked.

He and I laughed and I said, "I just hope Katelyn says yes. I really love her and I want to spend every moment of my life with her."

"Why wouldn't she say yes? You're a great man, Travis. You've changed from pervertedness to a considerate person to her and even if you and Katelyn had some downs in your lives, you both were able to get through it."

"Yeah you're right. Just in case she says no, I'll wait for her until she's ready."

"Thats the spirit, Travis! Now come on, lets go sit and talk about how I am gonna be your best man for your wedding."

I chuckled, "Thanks Dante. Oh, and don't forget: don't tell anyone about the proposal I'm planning for Katelyn, okay? I want it to be a surprise."

"I promise."

"By the way, can I hide this in your bedroom for now? I don't want Katelyn to try to find this in our house."

"Sure thing. You can hide it in my closet. I'll keep it safe for you."

"Thanks bro."

I went to his room and hid the bag in his closet. I left his room and we both sat down as we started to chat.

It felt like hours when we talk until I felt dizzy. My head started to hurt more and more as the high-pitched ringing began to return.

I groaned in pain as Dante worriedly asked, "T-Travis, are y-you okay?"

"I-I don't f-feel good.."

That was when I collapsed.

"TRAVIS!!" Dante yelled.

I hyperventilate as I try to resist the pain but it was too much.

Flashback ends

          My headaches have been feeling better and better now. I bet this relative of mine has been keeping their distance from me now.

A few days ago, I asked Dante if I can have the ring and he handed it over to me.

I stared at it for a while just admiring its beauty and imagining how beatiful it would look more if it was on Katelyn's finger.

Maybe in a few a weeks or so, I can have my chance to propose to her. I still need to plan on how to propose to her since I wanted to make it special.

I closed the ring box and hid it somewhere in a place where Katelyn would never find.... in the pocket of my pants.

No, not the pocket of my pants that I'm wearing right now, but the one in my drawers. Katelyn never looks into my clothes so thats why I'm just gonna hide it there.

Everyday, I always check that spot and open the box and see if the ring is there and it always is.

I just hope I'm ready for this. I mean I am but.. I just want to spend my life with her. But like I said, if Katelyn isn't ready yet, then I'll wait.

Once I closed the drawers I laid on the bed thinking about how great our future could be together.

My thoughts were then disturbed by Katelyn opening the door. I jumped a bit but still remained calm.

"Oh, hey Travis."

"Hey there Blueberry."

She placed her purse down and went on the bed as she laid down next to me.

"Excited for Aph and Aaron's baby?"

"Yeah! Expecially with its little werewolf ears and tail."

"I know right!! He or she is gonna be soo cute!!"

I chuckled and we stayed in silent. I softly smiled to myself as thoughts of my future with Katelyn came to wander.

"What'cha thinking about?" She asked.

"Our future"

I noticed she blushed while I chuckled to her reaction.

"Isn't it too early for you to think that?"

"Thats because I haven't placed a ring on your finger yet." I smirked.

"Dork"

"Your dork"

"And I'm your blueberry"

I giggled, "I'm actually serious though. Do you ever wondered what our life would be together in the future??"

"Yeah, I actually do. I can imagine that our child could be a half-warlock and a half-human baby."

I laughed, "And you're the one saying to me its too early to think about the future? You're already talking about the child now."

Katelyn and I laughed until I asked, "Well, if we do have a child, what gender do you want it to be?"

"A girl?"

"I swear what is with people saying girls now?"

"You have a complaint about that?" Katelyn glared at me.

I chuckled, "Sorry. Although a girl would be good. I've never had a sister and I've never get to spend a lot of time with my girl cousins since they're very far away from me."

She giggled as nuzzled her head on my neck.

"I love you Travis"

"I love you too Katelyn"