~Chapter 19~

Katelyn's POV

          Jeffory, Jasmine and I left Travis to take care of Abby. Honestly, as much as I want them to get along together, this was kind of a terrible idea. Travis has had some.. issues in the past when it comes to babysitting.

I was sitting at the front passenger seat while Jasmine was sitting at the back and Jeffory on the driver's seat.

"Hey, Katelyn. You don't look too well. Are you okay?" Jeffory worriedly asked.

"Uh yeah, I'm just kinda worried about Travis babysitting Abby."

"Oh come on, do all of you guys hate my idea?"

"Yes." Jasmine and I answered in unison.

"Look, I think this is a great idea. I'm sure Travis can be able to do this, he needs to improve his babysitting skills anyway."

Jasmine then questioned, "But didn't you say Travis was having some headaches recently?"

Shoot!

I face palmed and groaned, "I can't believe I forgot about his headaches. Although it seems like they're kinda getting better now."

"Did you find out whats making his headaches?" Jeffory asked.

"Not exactly. Lucinda and Aph are probably still trying to find out why."

"I'm sure he'll be fine. If something ever happens to Travis, Abby can always call us through the telephone." Jasmine cheered.

"Anyway, where are we going mom?" Jeffory asked Jasmine

"Oh yeah, you told us you wanted the three of us to hang out but you didn't really specifically say where."

"Oh, we're just going to a few places. To start off, lets head to mall." She replied.

"Okie dokie then." Jeffory said.

"Since when have you started saying 'okie dokie'?" I asked him curiously. He really never use that before.

"Oh, Travis mostly says that whenever we hung out. I guess I just got so used to it that even I'm saying it." He laughed.

I laughed as well. Travis can be such a dork sometimes, but he's my dork.

"Aww, you two are so cute together."

"Who? Me and Travis. Well duh, he's my boyfriend." I said.

"No, I meant you and Jeffory." Jasmine corrected.

"WHAT?!" We yelled in unison.

"Mom, you know Katelyn and I are just friends. Sure we've dated, but we're friends now." Jeffory pointed out.

"I know, but I can see why you and Katelyn were a thing before. You two seem to get along so well, I'm just quite sad you two didn't work out as you hoped."

"Well, I guess we weren't really just made for each other." I said.

"But if things worked out in high school, do you two still think both of you would still be together until this day?" She asked curiously.

"Possibly. But if we did, then I wouldn't have Abby." Jeffory answered.

"Thats true, she is such a sweet angel." I pointed out.

"Yet Abby does need a mom, a mom like you Katelyn."

"M-Me?" I blushed. Why is she saying this?

"Of course. You and Abby have such a close bond, its no wonder she really wants you to be her mom. You're a caring, kind-hearted person."

"I know. I love taling care of her and playing with her. Although I'm so sorry Jasmine, but my heart belongs to Travis. I love him and as much as I love Abby, I think she deserves someone better than me."

"Katelyn, I know both you and Jeffory wanted to keep your relationship with each other as friends, but you two seemed to get along so well when both of you were dating."

"Mom, please. You have to understand that Katelyn and I are just friends and she's happy to be with Travis. Who knows... maybe Katelyn will get married to him soon." Jeffory smirked.

I punched his shoulder and I laughed.

"I understand. I'm sorry that I've been acting like this to both of you two." Jasmine apologized yet I kinda heard ber quietly growled. Well thats weird.

The drive was filled a bit of awkward silence but we were able to fill it with a bit of some conversations.

          Surprisingly, this day actually went pretty well and fun. We started our day to the mall with a little bit of shopping. At first I thought Jeffory was gonna get bored at that, but I guess he actually found some stuff to buy.

           We then went to IHOP for lunch. Honestly, it didn't seem like the type of place to have lunch but who cares? I did kinda find Jasmine suspicious.

She always talks about how Jeffory and I should've just gave each other another chance back in high school or atleast when Jeffory's wife passed away.

I tried to hide that from Jasmine and Jeffory so that they won't think that I'm suspicious. Overall, we mostly enjoyed spending this day together even though I smell something fishy.

Jasmine also seems to compliment my boyfriend a lot. It was also kinda weird since Travis is my boyfriend and she sounded so interested in him for some reason.

Speaking of Travis, I wonder how things are going with him and Abby.

Hi guys!! I am so so so so sorry for this chapter to be short because I kinda had a hard time thinking of lines for the characters. Don't worry, the next chapter will be much longer.

Anyways, I hope you still enjoy this story so far. I know I keep saying that a lot but I just hope a lot of you guys liked it<3