~Chapter 21~

Jeffory's POV

          The sun was setting and the day was finally over. My mom has been questioning both me and Katelyn about our dating life when we were younger and it was really suspicious. I'll try to talk to her later when we get home.

We were driving back to Lover's Lane to drop off Katelyn and check on Abby. I just hope Travis and Abby will turn out to be on good terms now...because Travis can be a bit terrifying when he glares at me.

Once we made it to their house, the three of us got out of the car and Katelyn rang the doorbell.

The door was opened by Travis, he had Abby on his shoulders being giggly and having her hands grip on his hair tight.

"Oh hey guys!" Travis greeted.

"Daddy! Auntie Katelyn! Grandma!" Abby yelled happily.

"Travis! I see you and Abby got well together. Nothing bad happened while we were gone?" Katelyn asked.

"Nope, Uncle Travis took good care of me." Abby answered with a smile.

"Thats good to know." I said smirking at him as he playfully rolled his eyes on me.

"Come on Abby, time to get back to your dad and grandma." Travis said as he carried Abby off of his shoulders and gave her to me.

"Thanks for taking care of Abby, Travis. I really appreciate it a lot." I said.

"Its no problem." He replied.

"Daddy? Can Uncle Travis babysit me next time?" She asked me with pleading eyes.

"Sure, why not." I said smiling at her and at Travis.

"Well atleast we know Travis has some babysitting potential." Katelyn joked and all of us chuckled.

"We should get going now. See you soon Travis and Katelyn." Jasmine said.

"Bye Auntie Katelyn! Bye Uncle Travis!"

"See ya guys!"

"Bye!" The couple said in unison.

Travis and Katelyn went back into their house while my family and I went back to my car and we drove off.

~~~

          Once we arrived home, we had our dinner. We didn't want to eat dinner outside cuz probably Abby missed us.

During dinner, I began talking to Abby and asked her about her time with Travis. Surprisingly based on what she just said to me, they seem to go along really well already. I'm glad those two enemies became friends at the end.

After dinner, mom went to her room since she was living with us for a while. This could be my chance to talk to her now.

After I made sure Abby was asleep, I went to my mom's door and knocked on it.

"Mom?"

"U-Uhh y-yes son?" My mom stuttered through the door.

"Can we talk for a bit?"

"Of course."

She opened the door and smiled as she let me in.

I enetered her room and she closed the door behind us.

"We need to talk" I said.

"Its about a while ago, isn't it?"

"Yeah. Mom, I thought you understand that Katelyn and I were just friends. Why do you still keep asking us about our life back when we were dating?"

"I-Its just.."

"Just what?"

She didn't respond.

I sighed, "Mom, I'm not mad. I just want to know why all of a sudden you've been asking like those to me and Katelyn."

"I guess because when you and Katelyn kept your relationship as a secret before, I just wanted to atleast know how you two got together or atleast why you two broke up."

"I understand mom. You never got the chance to be updated to how my life was in high school, specifically my dating life. I'll try to update you more and more from now on, but please understand that Katelyn and I are now just friends, nothing more."

"Of course sweetie" she kissed my forehead and I smiled at her.

"Goodnight son"

"Goodnight mom"

I left her room as she closed her door. I made my way to my room and drifted off to sleep.

Jasmine's POV

About an hour ago...

          After dinner, I went upstairs and quietly locked my door so that no one would barged in on me. I looked at myself through the mirror and began to transform myself back into my regular form..... as Leila.

Yup, thats me. I've been pretending to be Jeffory's mom this whole time. Why? Because I get to have a better access to be able to persuade the two fall in love again and make me and my younger self be with Travis.

Wondering where is the real Jasmine? Still in her house, she comes to visit Jeffory and Abby in few days after Travis' proposal to Katelyn. Thats why I'm here to stop it.

I'll do everything I can to get Travis to be mine, even if it means I have to hurt people. Whether if its just a simple bleed or I have to kill them, I'll do anything. Sure its gonna affect a lot in the future, but thats how life goes. Its the only way I get to end up with him.

Its not gonna be easy to get Travis and Katelyn to break up, but my younger self and I will make sure they won't have a choice but to seperate.

I then heard a knock on my door, "Mom?"

Shoot! Its Jeffory

I instantly chnaged my form into Jamsine and answered, "U-Uhh y-yes son?"

"Can we talk for a bit?"

"Of course"

I quietly used my magic to unlock the door and I opened as I let Jeffory in.

We began to talk and he was questioning me about how I'm always talking about their love in high school.

I then made some lies to cover up my identity and he was able to buy it. After a few minutes of talking, we said goodnight to each other and he left the room.

I closed my door and quietly locked it again and I then began to feel the smae pain I have always been feeling ever since I got here.

You see, when it comes to time-travelling, we're not supposed to time travel to a time where we already exist(Timeless refference lol. If you don't know whats Timeless, its basically a Netflix series and its about time travelling and fixing history)

Because if we do time travel to a time we already exist then the person who time-travelled will get severe headaches, even the your own self from the past of future will het that as well.. leading death.

They are much worse than how a  family relative gets close to their family relative. The reason why my younger self doesn't get the headaches is because she isn't a magic user yet. But even if she doesn't experience that, she and I will still die no matter what. Thats why I use healing magic to be able to heal myself.

They are only temporary but those will able to help me from being in more pain.

I try my best to not let other people know about me or else that'll definitely ruin the space-time continuoumI dont know how to spell that)