𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

McKenna Prentiss | March 7, 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Co-Founders of the Trevor Project, Charles & Atasha Prentiss are accused of stealing money from their charity organization.

COO Keith Arnolds accused the couple of laundering money into an offshore account under the alias Chris Adamson.

Arnolds also added that the Prentiss' mansion is being paid by their Non Profit Organization, claiming that the mortgage of the Prentiss' house in Calabasas, LA is taken from their charity.

A representative from the Prentiss' management mentioned how they believe Charles & Atasha are being framed, and that Charles & Atasha are innocent.

What say you, America? Do you believe the Prentiss' stole money from their charity? Are they innocent?

    I stare at my computer screen, frozen in shock. I can't even find the words to describe how I'm feeling.

    I finally found the strength to stand from my desk, and rush into my mom's office. I open the door to find it empty, which made all the worry in my body worsen. I run to my dad's office, and to my relief, my mom was curled up next to my dad, on his office couch, sobbing her eyes out, and I wanted the ground to swallow me whole at the sight of my parents.

    I walk over to where they were seated, and sit next to my dad. He looks at me, a sad and solemn look on his face, and I say nothing as I wrap my arms around him. Then I move to my mom, eventually sitting on my dad's lap, being sandwiched between the two.

    "I love you." I say, and I feel both of them kiss my temple, at the same time. My parents have gone through numerous criticisms, even at the young age of 16. So to see them breaking at the seams because of a trusted friend just breaks my heart.

    "Honey, you should know, that article, what it said isn't true okay?" My dad says, placing another kiss at the top of my head, then placing his chin as he wraps his arms around me and my mom.

    "I know dad, I know."

    We sat there, a total 360 from where we were a week ago. Our peace was broken when Clive, my parents' manager, bursts through my dad's office door, an angry look on his face.

    "That fucking idiot!" He exclaims, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

    "We're going to sue him, when we prove your innocence, we're going to sue him until he's broke." Clive mutters, pacing back and forth in my dad's office.

    "Kenna, why don't you go to the kitchen and make dinner. You know what we like." My mom finally speaks up since I came in the room. I gave her a look, hesitant to leave them both.

    "Come on Mackie, we'll be okay." My dad says, nodding at me, and I stand from the couch, nodding back at them and heading towards the kitchen.

    I decide to make my parents' favorite, Pesto Pasta with Chicken, I'm sure they'd love it. As I gather all the ingredients, my phone starts to ring, and I see Kelsey's name.

    "Hi Kels!"

    "Kennie! How are you?" If there's one thing I love and hate about Kelsey, it's her perfect timing. She does know when to call or text at the perfect time.

    "Let me guess, you read the article?" I ask, leaning on the kitchen island.

    "Kenna, I know your parents had nothing to do with this. Think about it, they're respected individuals, that Keith is just making his 5 seconds of fame." Kelsey says comfortingly, which made me smile a bit.

    "Thanks Kels." I say, and sigh, feeling the need to bang my head against the counter.

    "Now, you do remember that we're going out next week right?" She says, suddenly changing the mood, and I chuckle at this.

    "Kellie, you sure do know how to change my mood." I say and she laughs at this.

    "I'm not letting you miss my 21st birthday McKenna Prentiss! I know this is the worst possible time to be drinking and partying but please, for me!" She says, and I imagine her jutting her bottom lip out in a pout.

    I groan, "Alright Kellie, alright." To which she responds with an excited yell.

    "Okay, so I'll text you the details! Make sure you're there alright!" She says excitedly and ends the call.

    I continue to make my parents' dinner, trying to get my mind off of whatever is going on. They trusted Keith, they trusted him enough to appoint him as a COO. Why would he just betray them like that?

    I've known Keith, well, he's always been Uncle Keith to me, ever since I could remember. He would always come visit, always brought me toys and clothes. My parents adored him, he was my dad's best friend. For him to do something like this? It honestly just angers me cause if it weren't for my father, he wouldn't even be where he is now.

    This just makes me think of how the whole industry works, people will betray you. You trust them enough to not hurt you, or your career, and when it benefits them, they just take what they can and leave you to fix whatever mess they created.

    Maybe that's why I don't have a lot of friends in this industry, maybe that's why I held on to Kelsey, because she was like me, we both started out trying to find a name for ourselves, and eventually, we did.

    Dating Brooklyn, and having my heart broken so publicly like that just made me want to curl up in my shell more. Having your life blatantly put out in the media like that just makes me question if my sanity is still intact.

    I'm living my dreams, I'm modeling for huge brands, I'm a fucking recording artist, my parents are multi-millionaires, but I also want to be anonymous. I miss my childhood.

    I don't think I'll ever be able to love as publicly as I did. I don't think I ever want a relationship to be so out in the open, my parents sure did, but for me? I guess that's out of the question.

--------------

Hey! Sorry for another short chapter, but I just wanted to introduce the main driving point of this book. Harry will be introduced soon! Just hold on tight babes!

all my love
sammie x