𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

McKenna Prentiss | December 31, 2017

Usually, when people ring in the New Year, they leave whatever has hurt them behind, and start a new chapter. New Year, New Chapter. New Year, New Me.

However, for me, that was not the case. I have no idea how Kelsey had managed to talk me into throwing a NYE party, at my own house. I also have no idea how she got my parents to agree. Well, I kinda do.

My parents have been up to date regarding Niall & I's relationship, however, I didn't tell them the reason. All I said was that he and I didn't really work out romantically, so it was better if we remained friends.

Nobody knew that I love Harry. Nobody knew how quick my feelings had escalated. And, I plan to keep it that way. Harry & I's relationship should remain as it is, friends. Or to the public eye, a couple.

"Kenna, come on just wear this!" Kelsey was waving the silver sequined dress in front of me, but I stood my ground, my arms crossed and my brow raised as if questioning her taste.

"Kels, the last time I agreed to let you dress me was my birthday. Plus, I'm not going to look good in that!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up in annoyance as I tried to get my best friend to stop dressing me in clothes that don't even cover half of my body.

"McKenna, you can't be serious." Kelsey scoffs, her eyes rolling as she places the dress in front of my body, "You're going to be the star of the fucking show if you wear this."

"Kelsey." I whine out, not really comfortable with her choice of clothing.

"Fine, you choose." She gives up, motioning to the clothing rack our stylist had provided for tonight.

I make my way over to the copious amount of clothes that were borrowed for tonight, and my eyes find a simple white satin dress. I grab it, and place it over my body. I turn to Kelsey with a grin, while she huffs in response, rolling her eyes as she finds her outfit for tonight.

    I make my way to my vanity, fixing up the make up that Kelsey had done

I make my way to my vanity, fixing up the make up that Kelsey had done. I was actually really grateful she had listened when I told her I just wanted a simple make up look for tonight.

Changing into the white dress, I made my way over to the mirror where Kelsey was standing, holding a pair of black Jimmy Choo's in her hand.

"Simple, just how you like it." She smiled, and I smiled back, thanking her for finally understanding my choice in outfits.

I stand before the mirror, Kelsey behind me as she sports a red lace dress, with a satin sash wrapped around her waist.