𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

McKenna Prentiss | March 14, 2017

I woke up to my phone ringing. I blindly feel around for my phone on my bed. I grabbed it and saw that it was Kelsey calling me, at 8 in the morning. Seriously Kelsey?

"Hello?" my voice coming out hoarse and groggy.

"Kennie OH MY- wait, are you sick?" Kelsey's tone went from excited to worry once she heard my voice.

"No Kelsey, you woke me up, now what's up?" I say, snapping because I don't like being woken up, especially being woken up by my phone ringing.

"Woah, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Kelsey chuckles, and I just groan in response.

"Seriously Kelsey, what's up?"

"OMG! Okay, you didn't tell me you were dating Harry Styles?" Her demeanor suddenly changing to an excited one, shrieking and yelling in excitement.

"What? Where did you hear that?"

"It's all over twitter McKenna! So, are you two official already?" She asks, her excitement and giddiness overflowing.

"No, we're not dating, we're just friends. Harry and I just went to his house the night of your party, then had breakfast the next day, and I may be having brunch with him today?" I don't think Kelsey heard the full thing because she shrieked the second I said I went to his house.

"YOU WENT TO HIS HOUSE?!" I pull the phone away from my ear, feeling that she might've ruined my eardrum.

"Seriously, Kellie, was that all you heard?" I asked, and it was silent, until she spoke again.

"But you, McKenna Townes Prentiss, went to his, Harry Styles' house?" she said her words slowly, as if to confirm that whatever she mentioned was true.

"Yes, I did Kelsey, but it was a one time thing."

"One time thing my ass! So, you two fuck buddies now or what?" She asks, her words coming out with a sarcastic hint to it, but I knew she was all but sarcastic.

"No, Kelsey, we're not. We're just friends. I think?"

"Kenna, honey, you know I love you, but I would be a shit best friend if I told you to just be friends with the one Harry Styles. You seriously not that scared to be in a relationship again." Kelsey sighed, and I just rolled my eyes at this.

"Kelsey, I don't want to go through what I went through again, I just want to keep what's private, private."

"Kenna, Harry's different." Kelsey sighed again, and I shook my head, even though she couldn't see me.

"Kels, we're not talking about this." I say, to which she sighs.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. Just, Kenna, you can't hide behind that wall your whole life. Okay Kenna, I'll let you go now. Just," she stops herself before she sighs and continues, "just promise me you won't live your life trapped."

"Kelsey." I warn, knowing full well that I'm never going to break these walls down.

"Alright Kenna. I love you, bye." she says and hangs up. I know Kelsey had good intentions, but I genuinely don't think I'm ready for that. As Kelsey hung up I decided to go on over to twitter and see what people were saying.

@username: of course, harry goes for the "model"

@username: i smell something fishyyy this aint right