𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

a/n: i don't think y'all are ready for this

McKenna Prentiss | January 4, 2018

I guess heartbreak can bring out the vulnerability in a person.

Ever since that dreadful New Year's night, I've only ever gone out of my house once, and that was to meet with Jamie regarding my album. Since then, I've only ever been either inside my studio, or in my room.

My parents were confused with why all I ever did was either stay in my studio, or lounge in the living room. I never told them what happened, hell, I never even told anyone.

I've been avoiding my phone as well, either turning it on airplane mode, or completely shutting it off. I didn't want to deal with anyone. I'm sure Camille had told Harry by now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry would flood my phone with calls, that or he would storm in my home and demand answers.

I didn't want to deal with this, at all, but my anxiety has been playing up and I can't seem to shut it down. All I could think about was how Harry would react if Camille told him. Would he turn me down? Would he tell management to call off the PR stunt? or Would he just completely ignore it? The latter sounds worse.

Maybe that's why I surprised myself when I decided to get ready today. My plan? Finally confess my feelings to Harry.

Was that a stupid plan? Yes. Was it a well thought out plan? Absolutely not.

I don't even know what I would say, but I guess I should rip the band-aid while it's still settling.

"I'm heading out!" I call out to my parents who were watching a movie in the living room.

"Finally got tired of holing yourself up in the house Mack?" My dad jokes, chuckling to himself. My mom slaps his arm and glares at him, which emits a pained "ow!" from him.

"Where you headed sweetie?" my mom asks sweetly, smiling up at me.

"Out." I shrug nonchalantly, to which my mom curtly nods. I nod back at them and grab my keys.

I don't know why I was eager to drive over there, but I had to calm down. I don't even know how this is going to end. Before heading to Harry's house, I stopped by the Beachwood to grab us some coffee. At least I have an excuse to come over.

It wasn't long until I arrived at Harry's, the traffic between his place and the cafe wasn't at all terrible, or I was driving too fast because I just wanted this to be over.

I held the two cups I bought from the Beachwood, an Iced Caramel Coffee for me, and an Iced Green tea latte for Harry. I knocked on his door and waited patiently as I heard him yell a 'Just a minute' from the other side.

"McKenna!" He smiles, thrilled at my presence, "And you brought gifts!"

"It's just a latte." I shrugged, and he smiled, motioning for me to come in, as he opens the door a tad wider.

"So, what's up angel? What are you doing here?" the smile never left his face, taking a seat on his couch, as I sat on the love seat, trying my best to get some distance between us.

"Uh, I just wanted to hang! We could write too, basically anything you wanna do! I'm not necessarily here for anything, you know just wanted to hang." I rambled out my lie, well that was quick. I turned to Harry and see him smiling at me, the dimple on his cheek apparent, while his eyes were bright under the fluorescent lights.