𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

attached above is Kenna & Kelsey's costume!

McKenna Prentiss | October 31, 2017

Today, I woke up with a smile on my face. my mom entered my room, cake in hand with candles that spell out the number twenty. Her smile was wide, and soon tears were streaming down her face. My dad trailed behind her, a proud smile on his face as they were singing a happy birthday. Well, my dad was singing, my mom I'm not so sure if she was singing or screaming.

I remind my parents every year that I don't want anything for my birthday, and if they were to give me a present, then they lose all privilege of giving me one for Christmas. I lived with my grandma for most of my life, and she taught me never to ask for anything, and that for Christmas or Birthdays, I should enjoy the gift of surrounding myself with people who love and appreciate me.

"So, are you excited for tonight?" My mom asks, as she places the cake on my side table, sitting on the edge of my bed, my dad doing the same.

"More nervous than excited." I say, to which my parents laugh at. At 3PM today, my new single, Seeing Blind, is released. I honestly don't know how the fans are going to receive it. It's a surprise release which makes me even more nervous than I already am.

In terms of crediting the song, I have talked to Jamie about it, and he suggested I credit it under Harry's pen name, Mick Greenberg, solely because he didn't want the fans to think that I was using Harry for his fame, as if I wasn't already. I was dating him for the press for goodness sake.

Speaking of Harry, he's currently in London, done with almost half of his tour for the year. Last I heard from him was a month ago, and it was a measly 'okay' after I had asked how tour was going and how he was. According to Helene, Camille decided to join them, discreetly blending in with Harry's styling team. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from the fans, none of them seemed to notice her presence, or maybe it's because she's well hidden, who knows.

I decided to stop texting him, after his last message, getting the vibe that he didn't want to talk to me, or probably because he was extremely busy, I'll never know. At first I didn't understand why, partly because we left things on a good note after his LA show. I don't ever recall me saying anything that could've resulted in this. What makes me sadder is the fact that he hasn't even called, or texted today. He knew it was my birthday today, my mom had called and invited him to the party, but he politely declined, saying that he didn't want to tire himself as it falls on a rest day for him.

My phone soon started to flood with notifications, texts from old friends, new friends, instagram posts, and tweets. I saw Kelsey and Helene's post, both immediately bringing tears to my eyes.