𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

[an: attached is a photo of mckenna's outfit for kelsey's birthday!]

Harry Styles | March 12, 2017

    I scratch out the words in frustration, this is it, we've finally reach the writing rut every musician is talking about. We're stuck.

"Come on Harry! I know you could do this! Just a few more songs and you're done with the album!" Jeff pushes encouragingly, but I still feel stuck.

    Writing on my own has proven to be more difficult than writing with 3 of my best friends. Sure, I'm surrounded by people now who are amazing writers, but having Louis, Liam & Niall go through the same things I have, it was easier to write with them.

    Mitch had his guitar on his lap, and he kept playing the same tune over and over again. Which in the beginning was driving me insane, but it was starting to grow on me, and I started to like it.

    "Mitch, record that tune would you?" I ask, to which he nodded, pulling out his phone to record the tune.

    "How about we take a break tonight and go out? Have some fun?" Kid suggests, looking at me, then at Jeff who had an apprehensive look on his face, but eventually shrugs and says, "Sure, how 'bout that. Maybe you could find some inspiration."

    We decide to hang a bit, writing up some lyrics which was good, but not good enough for how I wanted the album to sound like.

    "Every time I see your face, there's only so much I can take oh Anna." I sang softly, writing down the lyrics as it comes to me. Maybe this could be a song I sang on tour, but never to be released as an official track. I continued playing on the guitar, strumming here and there, as Kid reenters the studio, car keys in hand.

    "Let's head out yeah?" He says and we nod, fixing up the studio a bit and piling into his car.

    "So, who's Anna?" Mitch asks, giving me a smirk, but I look to him with a serious face, and he drops it. We continue to sit in the car, Kid driving, recklessly I might add, to his favorite club, The Nice Guy. He parks the car a few blocks down, and turns to Mitch & I in the backseat.

    "Alright, so my mate, Conor, is having his girlfriend's birthday party here and he said I could bring some friends. He booked out the whole club so no need to worry about fans or anything like that." We exit the car and Kid hands his keys to the valet.

    "I'm going to go get a drink, I'll find you guys!" I yell to them over the music, I see Mitch nod as they make their way to find a table. I head to the bar, where I saw two girls downing, what looks to be, 10 shots.

    I noticed one of the brunettes had a 'Birthday Girl' sash and a frilly children's crown. The girl standing opposite her was in a little black dress, with black pumps. Her face seems familiar, I try to remember where I've seen her before, but I couldn't. I shrug off the thought and continued to ask the bartender for drinks.

    As I was walking to the table - a tray of drinks in my hands - I saw Kid talking to someone.

    "Harry!" Kid exclaims, grabbing a drink from the tray I was holding. He put a hand on my shoulder, then he turns to the man he was talking to.

    "Conor! This is my lovely friend, Harry Styles. Harry, this is Conor!" Kid introduces, as I place the tray on the table in front of Mitch & Jeff.

    "Wow, it's a pleasure to meet you! My girlfriend and I jam to One Direction when we work out." I chuckle at his honesty, I mean, I do too, but nobody knows that.