𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

McKenna Prentiss | February 20, 2018

    "Absolutely not, no. Nada, never in a million years. No, oh and did I forget to mention? No!" Kelsey argues with Zoe who had her arms crossed, and her brow raised.

    "Are you her spokesperson now Kelsey? Why can't she answer for herself?" Zoe argues back, to which Kelsey scoffs at.

    "I thought you consider yourself her friend first, assistant second! You're putting her career first instead of her mental well-being!" Kelsey was close to yelling now, her voice was raised.

      My eyes were switching from Kelsey's stand-offish stance, and Zoe's angered and somewhat stiff one. I find their back and forth quite amusing, and funnily enough, I had a bowl of popcorn in my lap.

    "She is my friend! But, when you think about it, going on tour with Harry Styles! This would be good for her career too! And, she could use the time as closure! They both need to face each other soon if they're going to run in the same circle." Zoe is about to reach the brink of anger, I know it.

    "Zoe she can-" I honestly couldn't handle seeing these two fight anymore.

    "Why don't we ask McKenna how she feels about all of this? Hmm? I'm sure McKenna can vouch for herself since she's old enough to make decisions for herself." I stand from the couch, looking at my two overprotective friends. They both huff, crossing their arms and raising their brow at me.

    "Are you two telepathic twins or some shit. You're both acting scarily alike." I laugh at both of them, but they both narrow their eyes at me, and I furrow my brows at them.

    "What?" I shrug, looking between Kelsey and Zoe who are looking at me with narrowed eyes, but uncertainty lacing their irises.

    "You seriously can't be fine with being his opening act, right?" Kelsey asks, carefully choosing her words as to not mention his name. I shrug in response, which makes Kelsey open her mouth in shock.

    "Kenna! What do you mean you don't know! A month ago you were crying your eyes out because of him! Need I remind you that your entire fucking album is about him, and that you were crying about him again 2 weeks ago, on his birthday might I add. You can't possibly be thinking of going on tour with him!" Kelsey was now yelling, and I know soon enough she's about to whip out some Filipino words on me, that's just how Kelsey is when she's mad.

    "Think of the exposure, Kels! Plus I'll just be his opening act! I can go do soundcheck, then leave as soon as my set is over! I don't even need to see or talk to him!" I argue, and Zoe smirks at Kelsey who was now glaring at Zoe and I.

    "This, whatever this is is messing with your head! He's messing with your head!" Kelsey says, her index finger jabbing onto her temple to emphasize her words.

    "Nothing's messing with my head!" I groan, my hands raising then flopping to my side in annoyance.

    "Sure, sure Kenna! Let's just forget the fact that you stupidly fell in love with him and how he chose Camille over you. And no, I'm not going to fucking sugarcoat it because you need to hear this! He chose someone else, not you." She said her last words very slowly, as if trying to make a permanent mark in my brain.

    "And your point?" I tried to brush off the hurt that came out of Kelsey's mouth, the truth did hurt. But I wasn't going to let anybody know that. Nobody needed to know that.

    "My point is that is your career worth throwing all the pain away?" Kelsey asks, her voice now softer, and more calm

    "Maybe, probably. I don't know! I don't even know what I'm going to feel if I see him, I don't even know what to feel. There was no closure, it just ended, like that." Maybe being his opening act wasn't a good idea.