𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

McKenna Prentiss | July 2, 2017

    "So, how's writing going?" Harry asks as he steps into my studio, sitting on the producer's chair as I sat adjacent to him on the couch.

    "Well, if you count one song in the last 2 weeks then I guess, fine?" I ask and he chuckles.

    "Let's start writing then shall we?" He asks, and I nod, grabbing my journal and opening it to a blank page. He grabs my acoustic guitar and starts to play a few chords.

    "I see you, from a different point of view," I sang with the chords Harry was playing, words start to come out naturally. 

    "That sounds great Kenna!" He says enthusiastically, strumming a few more chords, and he grabs a pen and paper that was on the table, and starts to write as well.

    With Harry helping me in the studio, the writing process was a lot quicker than I was used to, with the song completed in under 4 hours.

    "Let's see what you have." I ask, smiling at him as he finishes writing on his pad.

    "Alright." He says, grabs his guitar and places the paper back on the table. Harry starts strumming the same chord, and his voice fills the room.

I have seen, seen it all in paper dreams
Watched it unfold on the screen
But I never understood

    He pauses, then looks at me, urging me to continue on the song, and I look at him confused, but he says "Just go with it."

I have heard, I've heard you speak a million words
Now you're talking to me first
Never thought you would

You just took me by surprise
I can't believe my eyes,
I must be seeing blind

    We continue going back and forth, changing a few things, and we had finished a whole song in less than 48 hours. Maybe Harry should join me for more writing sessions.

    "That was amazing!" I exclaim, looking at Harry with a wide grin, to which he returns with a chuckle.

    "It was! Now you have a third song for your album!"

    "Thank you H." I say, seriously, he helped way more than management could've.

    "That's no problem Kenna, that's what I'm here for." He says and smiles.

    "Now, how am I going to credit you? Do you want your name to be put as one of the writers? or?" I ask, shutting my journal and turning to him completely.

    "Well, it's all up to you McKenna, it's your album, plus it also depends on your producer, which is?" He asks, and I shrug.

    "Whoever management gives me."

    "That's not going to work, no, so I think we could get Julian Bunetta, he produced a few One Direction albums, or you could ask Jamie Scott, the one you sold your song to a few months ago." He suggests, and I just nod along to whatever he's saying.

    "It's ultimately your choice McKenna, it's your album, not managements." He says with an encouraging smile.

    "Yeah." I nod, and there it is, that awkward silence that I've been dreading.

    "So, have you decided?" I asked, and he looked at me confused, but realized what I was asking.

    "Uhm, I have talked to Camille about it, and she seemed pretty upset. She thought if I did the show, I was doing it to spite her or something. But I told her that if I do the show, that it wasn't my intention. I talked to Jeff as well, and he said it was an amazing opportunity." He started, and I nodded. He didn't know that me walking that show is in his hands.