𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

[a/n: some parts of this chapter may be triggering as it talks about anxiety attacks on a deeper level!]

McKenna Prentiss | March 11, 2018

    "Angel," I hear someone whisper, "McKenna, rise and shine."

    I turn in my sleep, pulling the blanket over my head, but it was ripped from my body, making me sit up in an instant, glaring at Harry who had an innocent smile on his face.

    "Harry!" I whine out, and he smiles, placing the blanket by the end of the bed, as he crawls back into bed, pulling me to his chest.

    "It's the first day of tour, McKenna! Aren't you excited?" He was beaming, hugging me from behind as I try to squirm out of his grip.

    "H, since you woke me up, might as well let me do my business in the bathroom first." I tried pulling myself against him, but let's be honest, my tiny frame against Harry's? I didn't stand a chance.

    "Harry seriously! I have to pee!" But he just laughs in response.

    I turn to face him, taking my hand and placing it on his jaw, his smile drops, looking intensely into my eyes. It was silent, and we were basking in it.

    "McKenna, I-" I place my finger on his lips, silencing him, and his gaze drops from my eyes to my lips, he leans in closer, his eyes shutting, and when I feel his arms finally loosen themselves around me, I sit up, running into the bathroom.

    "McKenna! You're going to pay for that one!" I hear Harry groan from the bedroom, and I just laugh.

    I emerge from the bathroom, after doing my business and Harry was nowhere to be seen. I venture out of the room, and see him sitting on the couch, a cup of coffee in his hands. He turns as he hears me enter the room, patting the spot next to him.

    "I made you some coffee, just the way you like it." He smiles, handing me the cup before taking the remote in his hands to flip through the channels.

    "Thank you." I smile up at him, and sit next to him, but he shakes his head, pulling me close, so I was practically sitting on his lap, my legs sprawled over his as we both enjoy each other's company and coffee.

    "My two favorite things in the morning." I whisper softly, thinking he wouldn't hear me.

    "You're my favorite thing, every second of everyday." He whispers, placing a kiss on my temple, and I smile.

    "You're very affectionate today, aren't you?" I smirk at him, and he smiles brightly, nodding in response.

    The rest of the morning was spent in the living room, sipping our coffee and just relaxing. The calm before the storm, so to speak.

    "What time are we heading to the venue?" We were still seated on the couch, the TV playing some news but we weren't listening, we were both focused on each other to even care.

    "In 30 minutes." Harry responds, taking his final sip of coffee before placing it back on the coffee table. "Are you excited?"

    "Honestly? No, more terrified if I'm being honest." I answer, going through my phone to see the flood of text messages from Kelsey, Niall, my parents and my gran. They all wanted to come for the first show, but their schedules were too busy to even consider flying out here, so they just opted for the London show, and the final show in LA.

    "Do you wanna talk about it?" He tilts his head to the side, his green eyes boring into mine, but I shook my head no.

    "I'm going to get ready now." I stand from the couch, wanting to avoid the conversation all together.