𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

a/n: YAY DOUBLE UPDATE AGAIN! i legitimately can't stop writing, i've abandoned all my coursework LMAO buuuut I need to get back on doing those which is why I updated more this week because idk when I'll be back 🥺 be sure to check out the chapter before this before you read this chapter!

McKenna Prentiss | January 31, 2018

I sat on my piano, staring at my phone for what seems to be hours, I mean I've probably been staring at it for a good hour.

    He can't possibly be serious? Can he? He can't just invite me after what had happened? Although, maybe he's trying to make amends? Maybe he's finally broken up with Camille? Wait, no, last I checked they were constantly seen together

Why am I suddenly willing to drop everything for this man?

I shake my head, ridding it of unnecessary thoughts. I should get back to writing.

You promise the world and I fell for it.
I put you first and you adored it
I saw the signs and I ignored it
Rose colored glasses, all distorted

We always go into it blindly
I needed to lose you to find me
This dance, it was killing me softly
I needed to hate you to love me

I play softly on the piano, the words fumbling out as I struggle to compose this song.

I gave it my all, they all know it
We tore us down, now it's showing

No, no it doesn't sound right.

I gave my all and they all know it
Then you tore me down and now it's showing
In two months, you replaced us
Like it was easy
Made me think I deserved it
In the thick of healing, yeah

A few tears escape my eyes as I continue writing this song, it's so personal, so vulnerable, so me.

And now the chapter is closed and done
And now it's goodbye, it's goodbye for us

I finish the song, I couldn't even control myself. This song isn't even about losing Harry, it's losing all those people who I put first, those who hurt me because I let them.

Jamie was coming in today, which was a good thing because for starters, I miss human interaction. The only people I've talked to were my parents, and Kelsey, obviously.

I had told Jamie that all the recordings were complete, it just needs to be mixed and write a few other songs.

"Kenna!" Jamie exclaims when he enters the studio, and I stand to hug him, but then I see a head of brunette hair pop out, the familiar blue irises meet mine, and I grin. I pull away from Jamie and run to Niall, tackling him in a hug.