𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

McKenna Prentiss | March 13, 2019 | Paris, France

    Numb. All I feel is numb. Can you even feel numbness? If you can't feel at all, how could we feel numb? I hate this, I hate feeling as if I can't feel. Fuck I'm not even making sense.

    I've probably been sitting on my make up chair for hours, but I checked the clock hanging above the well-lit mirror, 7:35. I've only been sitting here for 30 minutes.

    My gaze fell from the clock above the mirror to my own reflection, staring at the girl who was once the happiest girl in the world, but things can change in the snap of a finger. Nothing is permanent, not even feelings, I guess.

    How could I have been so naive? Of course, he's going to go back to the first woman he loved. Obviously. I should've guessed that I was just the second option, the back up. I shouldn't have been so quick to say yes, I thought we were taking things slow, but I guess it was too slow for him.

A few hours ago

    I finally arrive at the arena, screams from the girls outside was the same as Switzerland, and it made me smile, the adrenaline was quick to rush to my veins. I'm in Paris, one of my favorite cities, I'm fucking pumped.

    Harry wanted to get to the arena first, saying he had to stop by somewhere before heading to the arena, and even if I had asked if I could come, he was already out the door.

    He was cold ever since he woke up, too preoccupied by his phone to even acknowledge me. I didn't pay it any attention really, knowing he was just probably tired or jet-lagged.

    "We're in Paris! Ahh, I love it here!" Alice exclaims, throwing her arm around my shoulder as we made our way to my dressing room.

    "What have you been up to yesterday?" I ask her, sitting on the couch, and she plops right next to me.

    "Jake and I actually explored the city, and we saw the Eiffel Tower, it's so gorgeous Kenna, I can't believe I'm here." She was excited, and she looks at me with a grateful look on her face.

    "So, you and Jake huh?" I smirk, nudging her shoulder, and she smiles sheepishly, her cheeks soon turning red as I mention Jake.

    "He's cute." She shrugs, which earns a light chuckle from me.

    "Speaking of relationships, how are you and Harry?" She nudges my shoulder back, a shit-eating grin overcomes her features.

    "We're good, honestly that show in Switzerland scared the shit out of me, but I'm glad he was there." I smile, remembering how Harry was there to keep me from falling apart.

    "I noticed you arrived separately though," I cut her off before she even continues, knowing Harry and I leaving separately would raise brows.

    "He just said he had somewhere to go before coming here, actually, is he here?" I ask, and she nods.

    "Probably in his dressing room." She responds and I nod, standing from the couch, and leaving my dressing room to walk to his.

    "Hey, H I-" My gaze falls on the familiar blonde girl who was sitting on Harry's lap, lips locked with his. My heart falls out of my stomach, eyes burning with tears. They probably didn't hear me as they continued on, and I left as quietly as I'd arrive.

    So much for taking things slow.

    Tears were blurring my vision as I walked back to my dressing room, but I didn't want to face anyone, I wanted to be alone, that's all I'll ever be anyway.