𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 [.𝟐]

McKenna Prentiss | November 20, 2017

VSFS Afterparty | The Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China

As soon as Bella, Taylor and I finished changing into our afterparty dresses, we made our way to the Ritz Carlton, where they hosted a private afterparty for the models, producers, performers and close family and friends.

I wore a simple navy blue silk dress that fell a few inches above my knee, my whole chest area was exposed and I just opted for a black lace bandeau to cover it. And in Bella's words, I was smoking.

My parents opted out of the afterparty, saying that they were tired and was jet lagged so they just wished me congratulations and that we would have breakfast or lunch tomorrow. I agreed, and my eyes were soon scouring the events hall for a pair of eyes I had been waiting to see since I got here.

"There's my angel!" A voice interrupted my search, and I turned to see the Irish lad standing in front of me, his arms wide open. My smile falters a bit, hoping I would see Harry first since I was whisked away before I could meet him after the show.

"Ni!" I tried to cover up my disappointment as much as I could, and gave him a grin, running to him and jumping in his arms.

"You did great up there babe! I'm so proud of you!" He whispers in my ear as he spins me around, arms clasped tight around my waist.

"Thank you for coming Ni." I say once he puts me down, placing a kiss on his cheek. He grinned at me, and we approached the make shift bar that was set up towards the side of the hall.

As Niall orders drinks for us, my eyes started to search frantically for Harry, immediately spotting him across the room talking to Bella and Taylor. He probably sensed that I was looking at him, and lifted his gaze from Bella, and turned to where I was standing. We locked eyes and he smiled. I smiled back at him and waved. He kissed Bella on the cheek, and started to walk towards me.

"Hey Ang-Kenna" He was probably about to call me the nickname he gave me earlier, but his eyes trailed from me, to the arm wrapped around my waist.

"Niall!" He says, his tone confused, but he covered it up with his smile.

"Hey H, been a while." Niall says, dropping his hand from my waist to hug Harry. It was an awkward hug to say the least, both looking like they would be somewhere else, or with someone else.

"How's the album going?" Harry asked, taking a sip from his drink. I gulped mine in one go, feeling the tension hit me more than the two ex-bandmates having a stare off in front of me.

"I'm gonna go find Bella." I mutter after they start to silently converse with their eyes. I quickly escape the testosterone, and search for Bella. I spot her sitting in a booth with Taylor, Josephine, Jasmine and Lais.

"Thank God." I quietly mutter to myself as I sit between Taylor and Lais, who glanced at me with confused looks.

"Public boyfriend and private boyfriend are having a staring contest. Too much testosterone." I say, pointing to Harry and Niall who still seem to be just standing there staring at each other. Are they conversing with their fucking eyes or something?

"Wait, what?" Taylor shrieks, her head snapping to me with brows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, yeah, dating Harry because management told me to, and I think I'm dating Niall? I don't know." I shrug, damn Chinese alcohol is really strong.

"How's that going for you?" Lais asks, nudging my shoulder, I shrug, not quite sure how to answer her question.

"Kenna! You're here, let's get another drink. It's not like you'll get a fucking hangover anyway." Bella yells above the music, stretching her hand towards me and I grab it, walking towards the bar with Bella next to me.