𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖

McKenna Prentiss | September 15, 2018

    "Happy Birthday, Ni!" I greet as soon as I see the familiar brunette, blue eyed boy open the door.

    "Ken! You came!" Niall exclaimed, wrapping me in a bone-crushing hug.

    "Of course I came, why would I miss my favorite guy getting older? You're halfway to 30!" I exclaim as soon as Niall lets go of me, making him roll his eyes. He lead me into his home, and my eyes widened at the amount of people that were here, damn, Niall did know how to throw a party.

    "I am not halfway to 30, Ken. I'm 25." Niall states, and I chuckled.

    "You are halfway to 30, Ni. I don't care what you say, you're almost there." Niall just rolled his eyes, sipping his beer before thinking of a retaliation to what I had said.

    "Oh, shove off Prentiss. You'll reach this age soon." He playfully pushes my shoulder, making me cackle. Niall was soon approached by his friends, mumbling an 'Excuse me', before he got whisked away.

    I took this time to peer over at the amount of people Niall had in his home. Kelsey had to be here somewhere, and I ventured off into Niall's home, trying to find my brunette best friend who was probably already drunk.

    "McKenna Townes Prentiss." I heard a Scottish accent call, making me furrow my brows as I've never known anyone who is Scottish. Hell, Niall and Harry are the only Non-American's I knew. I turned around and my eyes met a dark blue, almost grey pair of eyes. His hair was a shaggy blonde, and I furrow my brows, not having met the person before me.

    "Hi, I'm sorry, but have we met before?" I asked, brows furrowed at how he knew my full name. Only a handful of people knew my second name. Actually, come to think about it, Harry did put my name in his song, so that's how people knew. For fuck's sake.

    "Sorry, Lewis Capaldi." He extends his hand for me to shake, and I take his large hand in my tiny ones, smiling at the interaction.

    "No, actually we haven't. I'm sorry, Niall has told me all about you, and I love your music. Sorry, I'm fan-boying at the moment." He chuckles, and I smile at his rambling, not having met someone who was so starstruck as Lewis.

    Who would be starstruck by me though? I'm not as famous as half of the people here, and I'm too young for someone like Lewis Capaldi to be starstruck over.

    "You're fine, honestly." I chuckle, and I swear I could see the faintest blush on his cheeks.

    "Listen, uhm- I'm really coming out of my shell here, but I would really like to write music with you sometime." He scratches the back of his neck, and my grin probably grew as wide as it could, but I bit my lower lip, knowing it would be mean to joke, but I couldn't help myself.

    "Uhm, well Lewis, I don't know." I spoke, making him widen his eyes in surprise, "I don't know if we have the same music taste, and I really like writing alone."

    "Oh,- OH." He spoke, eyes widening, then narrowing in realization. Now I feel horrible, so I couldn't help it when I decided to chuckle, earning a look of confusion from Lewis.

    "I'm playing, of course I would love to write some music with you, Lewis. I'm always down for a collaboration." I smile, and he sighed in relief.

    "That was not funny." He said, trying to pull the most serious face that he could, but he ended up chuckling as well.

    "Eh, it kind of was." I laughed, making Lewis smile at me.