𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔

McKenna Prentiss | July 16, 2018

    "McKenna!" Zoe burst into my room, turning the lights on which made me groan, and pull the duvet over my head.

    "Zoe, it's 6am." I state as a matter of factly, and she pulls the duvet, which makes me groan in response, again.

    "Have you forgotten that it's your Vogue shoot today?" She deadpans, and I open one eye to see her standing next to my bed with her hands on her hips.

    "No, I haven't forgotten, but it you've also forgotten, I still have the scar from two weeks ago." I shut my eyes again, hoping she would take the hint.

    "Apologies, Queen McKenna, but you can't actually reschedule a Vogue Photoshoot." Zoe then jumps to kneel next to me in bed, and I turn, so that my back was facing her.

    "What are we going to do about my scar then?" I ask, and she shrugs.

    "Well, we could just cover it with make up, or we could put a hat!" Zoe suggests, and I groan again, finally sitting up and trudging out of bed.

    "That's my girl! Now, go shower, and get dressed. We can stop for coffee on the way." Zoe calls out as I enter my ensuite, and I nod from inside the bathroom.

    I still had to pinch myself because I didn't know if this was real or not. I've only ever dreamed about being on the cover of Vogue, and now that I am, I still think I'm dreaming.

    But being on the cover of the magazine doesn't just mean I would be photographed, it meant I would be interviewed too, and I guess the best time to be open was now. I was glad it was Jonathan Van Meter who was going to interview me. I had met him before, which won't make this interview part awkward, I hope.

    Dressing in just some sweats and a tank, I finally made it out of the bathroom where Zoe was patiently seated on my couch. She turns to me with a smile, and stands, "Let's go."

    Milk Studios was one of my favorite studios here in LA, so it was the only place I would be comfortable in shooting, and with Mert Alas, a photographer who has shot me before, I just knew this would turn out amazing.

    "McKenna!" Mert was the first to greet me once I had arrived at the studio, and I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "Are you excited?"

    "Very much so!" I giggled, making Mert push me playfully into my dressing room.

    "Are any guests coming to visit you today?" He asks, as I sat on the make up chair, placing his arms on my shoulders.

    "I'm not too sure." I shrug, but I had texted with Harry for the past week, and he asked where my shoot was going to be, and I told him. So, he might or he might not.

    "Alright, so I already showed Dahlia and Kira the mood boards for today's shoot. I had them prepare 15 outfits, but hopefully we could shoot around 9 or 10? I could have Dahlia show you each layout, and you can choose which ones you want." Mert explains, and I nod. "And since this is your first shoot, I wanted to capture your beauty, so there is only I think about one, or two looks that have you in full make up. The others would just be light as if you aren't wearing any."

    I just kept nodding, but I forgot that not only am I just a model now, I'm here to be on the cover, which I don't think people realize how difficult it may be. I now help with the creative process, which was fun, to a certain extent.

    "Johnny will be coming later to interview you between shoots, and you don't need to worry about any questions, because Zoe has managed to email Johnny an extensive lists of questions to avoid." Mert mentions, looking at Zoe which makes me chuckle.