𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

a/n: above is kenna's dress for the album launch party!

McKenna Prentiss | February 12, 2018

    "As soon as you're finished here, we're driving to Ryan Seacrest's radio station, then from there we're hitting 3 LA radio stations." Zoe cites off from her binder as I sit in the make-up chair, my hair and make up being done for my first  TV appearance.

    "Do I have a change of clothes in the car?" I ask Zoe, my eyes closed while the make up artist finishes my make up.

    "All ready! Kelsey and Niall are hanging around today to support you." She says, and I smile.

    Since Harry's birthday, Kelsey and Niall have grown quite close to each other. Kelsey was a bit wary at first, since Conor broke her heart not long before Christmas, maybe that's why she wanted to party so bad on New Years.

    Kelsey and Niall also have been hanging around me more frequently, if it wasn't both of them at my house, it would be one of the other. I never had anyone to rely on, other than Kelsey, but now that Niall and I have remained really good friends, I guess you could say I was finally opening up.

    "You're all set!" Jane, my make up artist taps my shoulder, I open my eyes and saw that she had only done the bare minimum for my make up, and I love it.

    "Thanks, Jane!" I kiss her cheek, and she laughs.

    "Alright, take a deep breath McKenna, I know how nervous you get for these types of things." Zoe speaks, placing her binder on the dressing table. She places her hands on my shoulders, and looks me straight in the eye, "Just breathe."

    I take a deep breath, closing my eyes to try and calm all my nerves.

    "I'll be alright." I whisper, and take another deep breath. I open my eyes to see Zoe smiling at me, tears welling up in her eyes.

    "I'm so proud of you Kenna." She smiles, and I immediately pull her into a hug. "You know who else is proud of you?"

    I pull away from the hug, to look at her in confusion. She grabs my by the arms and turns me around, and I'm faced with Kelsey, Niall, my parents, and someone who I didn't expect to be here.

    "Gran!" I exclaim, seeing her just made everything else better. I run toward her and tackle her in a huge hug.

    "Oh, my little Townes." She whispers, her arms around me tightening as she savors our hug.

    "Gran, what are you doing here?" I ask once we finally pull away from each other, and her hand finds its way on my cheek, cupping my face in both of her hands.

    "I missed your birthday, I missed your fashion show, we missed Christmas, I'm not missing this, Townes." She smiles, and my grin is wide now. Tears welling up in my eyes.

    "Oh, sweetie don't cry." She laughs, and I let out a small chuckle. "I'm so proud of you, Townes."

    Gran was the only person who called me Townes. She said it was the name she gave me, McKenna came from my parents, and Townes came from her, which was why she called me Townes.

    "I love you, Gran." I speak, then my eyes find my parents who were smiling fondly at our encounter, Kelsey and Niall stood next to them with bright smiles on their faces, "I love you all, so much."

    I was on the brink of tears, which made everyone laugh. "Don't you dare ruin my beautiful work, Kenna!" Jane warned, which made everyone laugh harder.