𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

McKenna Prentiss | March 9, 2018

My favorite part about traveling is probably flying. I know some people hate the idea of being 38,000 feet in the air, but I love it.

We were currently on our way to Switzerland, on Harry's private plane, of course. Zoe was currently asleep, Jeff, Mitch and Sarah were talking, wrapped up in their own world, while Harry was scribbling in his journal.

"What you got there?" I ask, standing next to him. He looks up at me, his curls falling over his eyes as it's matted down, not styled at all.

"Just writing a song." He shrugs, and I point to the empty seat in front of him, he nods. I sat in front of him, just observing, he still writes the same way. His eyes trained on the journal in front of him, his tongue jutted out of his lip a bit, focusing on the words in his journal.

"Can I hear it?" I ask softly, afraid he would say no, but his eyes light up, and he nods eagerly.

"Okay, so I have the melody down, and I was thinking of Mitch doing this epic guitar solo. Kind of like, Elvis Presley inspired." He talks excitedly, explaining the song to me, and I nod along the whole time, my lips unconsciously turning up into a smile as I see the passion pour out of him.

"It's not finished, but this is what I have so far." He says, and I nod.

Nine in the morning, a man drops his kids off at school
And he's thinking of you, like all of us do
He sends his assistant for coffee in the afternoon
Around 1:32, like he knows what to do

She
She lives in daydreams with me
She's the first one that I see, I don't know why
I don't know who she is.

Then he stops singing, he looks up at me, his eyes nervous as he waits for my response, but I smile at him.

"That's actually really good." I nod, but he shakes his head, unsure of the whole ordeal.

"It's missing something, I feel like it's missing something." He whispers to himself, and it's like I feel him closing up again.

He takes a boat out, imagines just sailing away
Not telling his mates
Wouldn't know what to say

I sing softly, the melody of his song stuck in my head. As soon as he heard me, his head snaps up, and his eyes were trained on mine, and I could see the gears turning in his head.

"Can I use that?" He asks, and I didn't hesitate to nod. He writes it down, and soon is biting the tip of his pen as he thinks of what else to add.

"H, I think you should rest." I place my hand on his journal, taking the pen and placing it in between the pages as I shut the journal.

"B-but I wanna finish the song." He pouts, and I shake my head, chuckling lightly.

"H, you're on tour, it's time to relax, have fun. Writing songs can wait until after tour." I tell him, and he hesitantly nods.

"Will you cuddle with me?" His question throws me off guard, and I can't help but look taken aback, and his eyes instantly is shadowed with fear. "I-it's, it's okay if, you know, if you're, if you're uhm-, uncomfortable."

"N-no," I smile softly, "It's fine."

I stood from my seat, and sat next to him, filling the couch as we laid, my back pressed to his chest. Soon enough, light snores were heard from him, and that's what lulled me to sleep.