𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

McKenna Prentiss | June 26, 2017

"You excited?" My mom asks as she sits next to me in the car, a proud smile on her face as we drive through the streets of New York.

"More nervous than excited if I'm being honest." I say, my heart wanted to leap out of my chest with how nervous I was. Who wouldn't be?

Today was the casting for the VS Fashion Show that would be happening later in the year. This would be my second show if I would get casted. Rumors seemed to fly that Camille too would be in today's casting, which honestly made me more nervous than the casting.

Ever since Harry & I's public date, management has scheduled for us to go on dates at least once every two weeks. Which made us more comfortable with each other, but that didn't mean my feelings for him disappear. It grew deeper, and every time he would hold my hand, or he would throw an arm over my shoulder, or even just look my way, my stomach swarmed with butterflies.

That night on the beach made it awkward for a few days, the call was from Camille who asked when he would be home. To which I asked if they live together, and they don't she was just waiting for him at his house.

I haven't met Camille, nor have I talked to her. Which is why I'm nervous to see her because I don't know how things will go.

I'm racking my brain with scenarios that are bound to happen, but it's the uncertainty of it all that just makes my anxiety float through the roof.

My mom seems to sense my nerves as she places her hand on my shoulder to give it a squeeze, giving me a reassuring smile, "Just do you McKenna, you'll do great."

I smile at her, and we finally arrive at the offices. Paparazzi is already flooding the outside of the building, capturing models as they enter the office.

I give my mom a kiss on the cheek as she wishes me a good luck once I get out of the car. As I walk towards the building, paparazzi started to shout questions, but I ignore every single one. I'm not here for the press, I'm here for my dream.

I enter the office, and was immediately directed to the holding room where models sat anxiously, their portfolio in their hand. I decided to sit on the couch that was unoccupied, I could literally feel some models gaze at me, and some glare. I pull out my book from my bag and decide to read while waiting.

As I was reading, I felt the couch dip, and someone tap my shoulder, I close my book and turn to the person who called me. My eyes widen in shock as I see Camille sit in front of me, a friendly smile on her lips.

"McKenna, right?" She says, and I nod.

"Hi." I say shyly, and she just gives me a friendly smile.

"Hi, I'm Camille." she says, reaching out her hand for me to shake, which I do.

"I'm McKenna, but you already know that so." I say to which she just laughs at. I try to keep my mouth shut to refrain myself from word vomiting.

"So, how are you feeling?" She asks, as she places her hands on top of her portfolio that sits on her lap.

"Nervous, but excited too." I say and shrug, she smiles at me then nods.

"Same here, it's my second time but I'm feeling more nervous for this casting." She mentions and I just nod at her, remaining quiet as I've got nothing to say. My nerves are getting the best of me and I hate it.

"Camille Rowe." The casting director calls, and Camille stands, I wish her a good luck as she leaves, sending me a thank you and a good luck too.