𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

A month later (After London Night 2)
McKenna Prentiss | May 12, 2018 | Los Angeles, CA

    "You're on the way, right?" She speaks over the phone, and I roll my eyes, of course she would be anal about time.

    "Yes, I'm on my way, would you chill out!" I laugh as she groans, probably stressed that it's already 4pm and I'm not yet at the stadium.

    Things have been doing alright, I guess, since I got back from London. Harry and I haven't spoken at all, but I still am speaking to Helene, and Sarah from time to time.

    A video of me singing Taylor Swift's Clean went viral on Twitter, and fans blew up at how raw my emotions were while singing it, also because they claimed I sang it better than Taylor herself, which I don't admit. The video somehow made it's way to Taylor Swift herself, and well, we sort of formed a friendship since then.

    No, we weren't those bitter exes that get together, be friends and gossip about how badly we were treated by the ex-boyfriend, that wasn't the case at all. Taylor had told me that ever since she'd heard my album, she wanted to reach out, and possibly write a few songs with me.

    I haven't met Taylor personally just yet, we've been having FaceTime calls since I got back, talking about possible writing dates since she would be traveling soon for her world tour.

    Now, if you told me when I was 15 that I would be writing songs and singing on stage with Taylor Swift, I'd probably laugh in your face, then slap you for making me dream of the impossible.

    But I was here now, driving to the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena because Taylor wanted me to be her surprise guest performer for tonight. When Zoe had told me what Taylor's manager told her, I was consumed by shock. I couldn't even move because my brain was too busy processing what I had just heard. It took me a few minutes, hours actually, before I finally said yes. However as soon as I said that, my anxiety finally consumed me.

    I instantly thought I couldn't do this, I mean, who can? I can't fucking share a stage with Taylor Swift. Oh dear God, the fans, what are the fans going to think? Especially now that I dropped out of Harry's tour, they're going to think I'm using these celebrities to up my fame, which isn't even the case.

    Zoe however, was quick to snap me out of my anxious daze and she managed to get me excited for whatever was about to happen.

    I finally pulled up in the stadium, Taylor's fans were crowding the front and it was a good thing we were driving through the back, I don't know how I would manage to go through Taylor's fans.

    "Are you excited? I know I am, gosh Kenna this has got to be the peak of your whole career! Oh my gosh! What songs are you going to sing? I can't wait, oh my gosh what are you going to wear?" I chuckled at how much Zoe was rambling, she was never this excited, well, given how she was more of Taylor's fan, it's understandable.

    "Zoe, breathe, you're going to meet her in a few minutes. I need you to breathe." I placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling widely at her.

    "You seem happy." She smiles back at me, and I shrug, I actually have never been this happy, I mean sure what happened with Harry did break my heart, but I promised myself no more wallowing.

    In fact, when I had told my parents, they were expecting me to break down, sob, but I decided not to. I'm done wallowing, I need to focus on myself.

    We finally walk through the backstage of the stadium, and I could see people running around, trying to get everything set for tonight's show. I wasn't at all nervous, I was actually pretty excited.