𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

Harry Styles | July 4, 2018

    "I don't wanna make you feel bad, but I've been trying hard not to talk to you, my sunflower." I sang softly as I played with McKenna's guitar. I actually ended up falling asleep next to her, but I couldn't actually sleep.

    The thought of Dylan hitting her kept me up at night, and I was holding back on punching the guy in the face because I didn't want the backlash from the media.

    I looked back to McKenna who was fast asleep on her bed, she truly didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve anything bad that has happened to her. If only I could turn back time and take back the day that I kissed Camille, I would take it back in a heartbeat.

    "No! Dylan, let go of me!" McKenna's sudden shriek made me snap out of my thoughts, and my head snapped to her body that was thrashing around the bed, she was restless, and I was quick on my feet. I sat next to her sleeping figure, and I softly brought my hand to her shoulder to shake her awake, but she instinctively flinched.

    "Stop, please!" She jolted awake, and I tried to comfort her, bringing my hand to touch her shoulder but she flinched away again, "Don't touch me!"

    Her eyes snapped to meet mine, and as soon as she realized it was me, her eyes softened, and the tears were apparent in them.

    "What are you doing here?" Her soft voice spoke, and I brought my arm out to reach her shoulder, and this time she didn't flinch away.

    "I immediately came when Zoe called." My voice was soft, not wanting to disrupt the peace of the room. I noticed that she shut her eyes in pain, the gash on her temple looks painful, and I walk into her bathroom, remembering her saying she kept a first aid kit in one of the cupboards.

    I finally find the white box, taking it to her bed, and sitting next to her with the box on my lap. "I'm going to clean your cut, okay?"

    She nodded, and I took some Neosporin on a q-tip and started to treat her cut. She winced in pain as soon as the q-tip came in contact with her cut, and was quick to grip my other hand that was placed on top of her duvet.

    "Sorry." I whispered, and her hazel eyes meet mine, the sun was streaming through her windows, making her brown eyes appear lighter. But you could see the sadness and pain in them, I'm going to fucking kill Dylan.

    But the way she was looking at me was like she understood that I wasn't saying sorry for hurting her with the Neosporin, but I was sorry for fucking up.

    "It's okay, I'm okay." She takes her hand and pushes my wrist away, but my brows furrow, and I cup both of her cheeks in my hand. The tears were pooling in her eyes, and she leans into my touch, making my heart soar.

    "I missed you, angel. And Zoe's call scared the shit out of me, I didn't know what to do so I came here as fast as I could." She nodded, but then her eyes snapped open, and they looked into mine, worry and concern filled her hazel eyes.

    "What are you doing here? Aren't you in the middle of tour?" She was panicked, grasping my wrists as my hands were still cupping her cheeks. I smiled softly at her, which made her only furrow her brows.

    "I postponed the shows, don't worry angel. I talked to Jeff and he's pissed, but you're safety is my priority." I brought my face closer to hers, and leaned my forehead to touch hers. I placed a small kiss on her nose, her forehead, and each of her cheeks. I could feel her tears as they collect in the palm of my hand. I kissed her tears away, kissing each of her eyelids as she shut them. "I'm really fucking glad you're safe, but I'm going to kill him, McKenna."