𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

McKenna Prentiss | March 13, 2017

I enter the house, heading straight for my mom's office and seeing her and my dad sitting in front of my mom's desk, Clive, the head of managing our family, sitting on my mom's office chair.

"McKenna, just the angel we were talking about." Clive said, as he motions for me to sit in between my parents, so I did.

"So, as I said earlier, it seems as though Keith has sold his story, and he wants to go to court. He's suing you, on behalf of the Trevor Project. Now, what management wants is to alleviate the attention from Charles & Atasha and put it on the lovely McKenna." Clive starts, grabbing my mom's laptop and typing away on it.

"Do you think that's the best idea?" my mom asks, looking over to me, then at my dad, then back at Clive, wary apparent on her face.

"Don't you think we should just law low until it blows over?" my dad asks, his eyes thinning at Clive, his protectiveness over me showing.

"If you lay low, your career dies with it to. You guys need to put up a strong front, especially you, McKenna." Clive says, then he turns my mom's laptop to us, showing an article. I grab it from my mom's desk, my eyes widening at the headline.

McKenna Prentiss and Harry Styles: DATING?

McKenna Prentiss and Harry Styles were spotted earlier today at Styles' favorite cafe in LA. Last night, the two were spotted at Kelsey Merritt's birthday party at The Nice Guy in downtown LA. Sources say that the couple looked cozy, and were sending flirtatious banter at each other. When they left, paps caught them literally in each others' arms. Seems like Styles can't get enough eh?

Has McKenna Prentiss finally moved on from the public humiliation Brooklyn Beckham put her through? Has Harry Styles finally settled down and got himself a girlfriend?

Send us your comments!

I stare at the computer screen in shock, then I look back up at Clive, seeing him smirk at my shocked state. I just came from the Beachwood, how did it reach mainstream media already? And how has Clive already found out about it?

"McKenna, seeing as you're currently under the public eye, this will help keep the attention off of your parents. Keep up appearances, go out in public, go on a few radio shows, heck go on another date with Harry. Bring in the good press, yeah?" Clive says, looking to me, then at my parents, "We're going to fix this, don't worry. All you have to do is shut up, and let McKenna do all the public appearances. Let Keith run his mouth too, the lawyers said the more he talks shit, the more we could sue him."

My mom looks at me, a worried look on her face, I look to my dad, and see the same worry wash over his features.

"McKenna, you don't have to. I know how much you hate your life being under a microscope, we can lay low, we can even go back to South Carolina and handle it from there." My dad says, putting his hand on my cheek and looking straight to my eyes as he says so.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. People will think you're hiding, and people will find you even more guilty than what Keith is painting. Just be normal, and let McKenna do all the press work." Clive speaks up, leaning back into my mom's office chair, and putting his hands together. Looking at him right now, he seems like he's the villain of the story, but he's just trying to help salvage my parents' career in the best way that he can.

I nod at this, my parents looking at me with apprehensive looks on their faces, but I smile reassuringly at them, "It's going to be okay."

Clive stands suddenly as his phone rings, he leaves the room, phone to his ear as he greets, 'Hey Burt'. Ah yes, Burt, the one who decides everyone's fates.

"I'll be fine, it'll all be okay." I turn to my dad, and then to my mom, giving them reassuring smiles and repeating that it's all going to be okay.

Clive then reenters the room, packing up his stuff and reminding us of what we had to do, we all nod in agreement as he leaves.

As soon as Clive shuts the door, my mom turns to me, a smirk on her face, "So, Harry Styles huh?"

My cheeks started to burn in embarrassment, and my dad was laughing at how my mom was teasing me.

"Who knew you would finally be with your favorite, after all these years." Mom said, wiggling her brows at me. I groan at her, and my dad just laughs.

"Mom, seriously, stop."

"But seriously McKenna," my mom starts, in her voice that I know so well, I cut her off before she even starts talking to me about protection and all that stuff.

"Mom! I"m fine, we were protected, I'm still on the pill, we used a condom, we're fine." I say putting my hands on my face as I couldn't believe how open I was to my parents about this topic.

Don't get me wrong, my parents and I have a very close relationship, it's like we were best friends first, and parents second. But still, being open about this kind of thing is always going to be awkward.

The rest of the day consisted of me telling my parents how Harry was a huge fan of my dad, telling them how I told him about Gran and South Carolina, how I started.

I don't need a lot of friends, my parents were enough for me. Call me a loser, call me weird, but my parents have been there for me, throughout everything that has happened.

As I was about to head into bed, my phone rings, I look at my phone and saw Harry text me.

    I lay awake in bed, tossing and turning, but sleep never overcoming my conscious state

I lay awake in bed, tossing and turning, but sleep never overcoming my conscious state. I decide to hell with it and just decide to head to the studio and maybe get some writing done.

I grab my journal that I left on the shelf, and started to write. Well, by starting to write I mean just staring at an empty page of my journal trying to figure out lyrics that I can't seem to write down.

I started to hum a tune, deciding to close my eyes and relax my mind. I try to clear my head, but a certain curly headed, green eyed, 6 foot male kept entering my brain.

thought you were just a fleeting feeling
but here you are again consuming
can I not let you in this time
but I know I can't

I sang as I play the chords on my guitar. Okay, so I've only been around Harry for less than a week, why do I feel like I can't stop thinking of him? I mean, the lyrics are pretty self-explanatory. I don't think I'll ever open up to him like I did at Kelsey's party, I mean I was tipsy, alcoholic confidence, but I don't think I'm ready for him to see, well, me.

I continued writing, just writing whatever comes to me and I'll just edit them in the morning.

As long as this wall stays up, I'm never going to get hurt again, I'll never be humiliated again. I'll never be broken again.

-------
double update! hehe hi everyone! i hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! 🥺 please do leave your comments and votes!! would greatly appreciate it 🥺 share it as well 🤍

all my love,
sammie