𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

Harry Styles | August 4, 2018

    I guess you could say things are finally back to normal. I guess.

    McKenna was sitting before me, laughing lightly at a stupid joke I shared, and it reminded me of when we both just started out as friends, and when we were too shy to even admit that we both liked each other.

    Life has a funny way of bringing us back to where we began. Maybe this time, it'll finally be right.

    "Harry?" McKenna snapped her fingers in front of my face, making me snap out of my thoughts, and I smiled at her.

    "Yes, angel?" Her cheeks still blush whenever I would call her that, she would smile lightly as if trying to stop the grin from growing even wider.

    "I said, do you wanna head back to my place?" She asks, making me smirk

    "Well, since you asked oh so nicely." I said, making her roll her eyes and cross her arms.

    "Not in that way, Jesus Christ! I just wanted to know if you wanted to write some songs?" She asks, making me nod my head eagerly.

    If there's one thing I love doing with McKenna, well aside from the sex, it's songwriting.

    I don't believe anyone has ever told her this, but the way her brain works when she writes, it's magical to watch. I've never met someone so passionate, and so talented in writing.

    "Sure." I shrug, and we argued for a few minutes before I snatched the bill, paying for it and we soon left the Beachwood.

    Another thing I love doing with McKenna was driving around with her. I could just drive anywhere with her, and it would be the best day. Probably because I'm way too deep in love with her, but I don't think I could love anyone else the way I love her.

    There's this thing McKenna does that she thinks I don't notice, but I do. Whenever she would play music, she would play her old playlist, basically, an old lover's hippie music, and she would pretend not to know the words, when I know full well that she does.

    "I never did believe in miracles, but I've a feeling it's time to try." She sings softly to herself, and I smile. The thing I've noticed with McKenna is she gets shy whenever she would sing in front of me, or even her parents, but she's so free whenever she would sing in front of a crowd.

    "I never did believe in the ways of magic, But I'm beginning to wonder why." I sang, and she turns to me, smiling softly.

    "Forgot your favorite band is Fleetwood Mac." She mentions, and I smile.

    The rest of the drive was silent, with Kenna singing to herself a few times. As soon as we got to her house, she rushed out of the car, and into the studio, as if she was in a rush to get something off her mind.

    I lock my car, following after her, and find her in her studio, seated on the couch with her journal in hand as she writes in it.

    "You alright?" I asked her, sitting right next to her, she just nods, her focus directly on the journal right in front of her.

    "Okay," She speaks up after a few minutes of her just scribbling in her journal. "I had this idea a few months ago, and it just hit me when we were singing in the car."

    "Go on."

    "So I wrote something from when you know." She starts, and I furrow my brows, she lets out a sigh before she continues, "When you, uh- cheated."