Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Day is my last day here.

My last full day here.

...

I stayed at Beth last night, she insisted that I stay. I kept saying no until she literally dragged me. I didn't sleep for long last night. Now that I'm here, its almost two in the afternoon. And she won't let me go home, she keeps finding things for us to do. I've tried everything to try go home, but she keeps catching me. Its down right annoying. Not that I don't love Beth its just... I want to spend to day with Jesse. At home.

'Not that I don't enjoy you keeping me hostage here. Can I please go home?' My words dripping with saracasm. I kept my eyes on the clock, tick tock tick. I swear it mocking me.

'Eden. Four the millionth time, not just yet.' She said taking a bite out of her chicken sandwich. She had been kind enough to make me a sandwich but I don't feel like eating at the moment. I sat proding the bread.

'When?' I whined. Beth put down her sandwich and looked at me. Her eyes glaring though my skull. Beth chewed the rest of her food before continuing to speak.

'Eden, I can't let you go yet. I'm under strick orders. I know you want to see Jesse but don't worry you will. Just not now. Are you going to eat that?' I shook my head and Beth leant over the table and grabbed my sandwich. Beth seemed overly hungry today, not that its a bad thing. Beth can eat anything and not gain a pound. Lucky bitch. I guess if I was like that I'd want to eat as much as I want.

I let out a big sigh of disappointment. I continued to watch the clock. The minutes ticking away. I couldn't help but think. This time tomorrow I'll be setting off to England. A place where I'm going to live in misery and dispear. This time tomorrow is when part of me will die.

I had to blink away the tears so that Beth wouldn't see.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.

I got my phone out of my pocket and headed for the bathroom, so I had somewere private to talk.

'Where are you going?' Beth asked. I didn't have to turn around to see the expression painted on her face. I spun around on my heels. My image was right. Raised eyebrows, narrowed eyes and half a mouth full of chicken sandwich. A spot of mayoinase on her cheek.

'To the bathroom, to call Jesse. I promise not to make a great escape.'

'Promise?' She took a few steps forward. She had her pinky out so I could link my pinky onto it.

'Promise.' I said doing the pinky swear. She smiled and let me walk to that bathroom. I walked in and locked it. I stared at my phone for a few minutes before ring 1 on speed dial. It rang six times before it went to voice mail.

'Hey its Jesse, I can't get to the phone at the moment. Call back later.' I love the sound of his voice. It was comforting. After he spoke there was a beep. I hung up and phone again, I really hope I don't look desperate. It rang three time, I was just about to hang up when he answered.

'Hey?' It sounded more like a question that a greeting.

'Hi Jesse.' It came out, barely a whisper. There was a lump at the top of my throat and my eyes began to water.

'Hi princess. Are you okay?' He asked. Concern filling his voice.

'Will you come and pick me up? I want to come home.' I whined, holding back the tears.

'I can't not just yet. Soon. I promise.'

'Okay. W-what are you doing?' I stuttered.

'You'll find out soon enough-' I heard something smash in the background. Then some shout shit. 'I'm really sorry, I have to go. I'll see you soon. I love you.' It made my heart flutter.