Prologue

I sat on the roof of the pack house.

I was watching the moon. It's a full moon. It's so bright and beautiful. It feels like it's calling me. I looked at the wristwatch.

11:59 pm.

1 minute. Just 1 minute left.

What if it didn't happen? My heart ached at the thought. It has been 5 years. And on every birthday, I sit here and watch the moon. Waiting for my shift that didn't happen 5 years ago.

Today is another day like that. My 15th birthday. My only wish is to be able to shift.

My only wish.

I know that no one will celebrate this day with me. There will be no more surprise birthday parties I got 5 years ago. It all changed. Everything.

I'm the daughter of the Alpha. I'm the disgrace to the pack. I make this pack look weak.

Not anymore. Not anymore.

I checked the time again. 10 seconds left. I closed my eyes. Scared. Nervous. Afraid. I counted the seconds slowly.

9..8..7..6..5..

I felt my heart beat pick up.

4..3..2...

My breathing became shallow.

....1.

I waited for my bones to break.

But..

Nothing happened. No bone breaking.. Nothing. That's when i realised that there is no hope. That i really am a disgrace. That the pack won't stop hating me.

And so, i decided to bring an end to it all. All of it.

I opened my eyes. I narrowed them with determination. This is for me and myself. I will set myself free. No one can rule me. I won't let just let anyone play me. I jumped off the roof. Determined. I went to the garage and packed my clothes, before exiting.

Then i ran towards the wood.

I did the thing that changed my life. Forever.