Chap 19 - Pour my Heart

Aerowyn's pov
______________

What the heck?! What's going on?!!!

"please don't think of me as a threat. I came here to warn you. I don't even have much time left to live anymore." she sighed. "what do you mean, Lily?" i asked.

"they found out about you. When they realised I heard their plans, they wanted to kill me so that I won't backfire their plan. But they couldn't catch me. I ran away. I heard that you are in this pack so I came." the girl tried to explain.

"who found out?" i asked. "my Alpha. He found out. He is planning to join with someone called Duncan. The Duncan person offered them countless money. They together is going to take you down." she said.

"but why do you want to tell me about this?" i asked. "My mama told me that one day the golden wolf will come back. She used to tell me that the golden wolf will save people like us." she said with tears in her eyes.

"what do-"

"we are slaves." she mumbled.

"we are treated badly. Very badly. They experiment on us. I'm one of the results. I'm only 7, and I shifted early because of a portion they gave me. They planned to make me stronger and make me fight you. But i refuse. My mama made me promise to be on the golden wolf's side no matter what happens." she whispered. My heart broke at her words.

"Alpha Winnie. I don't think i can live for long. They gave me a poison. But please promise me. Please. That you will save people like us one day. Please." she looked at me with those innocent eyes.

"i promise. I will. I will save and protect them." i promised.

I can't believe this little girl is fighting her life. She is poisoned. Yet she still came all the way here to let me know about this. The last thing I can do for her is to promise.

"who is the Alpha? What's his name?" i asked. "his name is-" she was interrupted as a gun shot sounded. Delilia let out a cry as another gun shot sounded. I saw the blood that started oozing from the newly made wound on her body. My eyes widened.

"LILY!" i yelled and caught her in my arms as she started falling. "please save them..." that was the last thing she said before her breathing stopped. I was in shock that I almost didn't hear the 3rd gun shot.

It barely made contact with my arm. But ouch. That hurt. I looked at my arm. Thank goodness! The bullet didn't get stuck in my arm. But blood was seeping from the wound. There was a slight burn too. Which means... Silver.

There was a 4th gun shot, but before it could hit me, I was tackled to the ground by a large black wolf. Looking at its ocean blue eyes i realised who it was.

Artorius.

The heck is he doing here?!

Artorius growled at me and got of me.

"Poor Delilia. She shouldn't have come to tell you everything. If she chose to cooperate, she wouldn't have died." i heard the voice of the man I loathed the most. I was on my feet in less than a second.

I growled at him as I saw him step out of the wood with a gun.

Artorius growled.

"you bastard! You cruel monster! Delilia was only a kid!" i snarled.