03

Seungkwan has been staring at his room's ceiling for almost half an hour. He wanted to sleep but he can't. He sat up and messed his hair with a groan. He's embarrassed for the second time and he hates it a lot.

He stood up and got out of his room and peeked at the living room.

There's no one.

He sighed in relief and proceeded to the kitchen to make himself a hot chocolate. The encounters he had for these past few days is a bit awful. Thinking that classes will start in a few days stresses him more.

He held the cup with both hands and walked to the living room. He grasped on the remote control and browsed a good movie he can watch. Instead of settling down on the couch, he sat on the floor, knees up, hugging it while sipping on his hot choco.

"Still not sleeping?"

Seungkwan almost spat the hot choco from surprise. "You startled me!"

Wonwoo ignored him and headed to the fridge. He grabbed a canned beer then sat on the couch.

"I thought you were sleeping that's why I'm here." Seungkwan said while being pouty.

"Oh, you don't want my company?"

Seungkwan avoided Wonwoo's eyes and hugged his knees again. "It's not that.. I'm.." he sighed and placed his cup of hot chocolate on the glass table in front of him. "I just feel like it'll be awkward with you being around after what happened earlier.."

"So you didn't't like it?"

"No?! I didn't say that- I mean- Argh! You don't understand me!"

Wonwoo chuckled and left the couch to sit beside Seungkwan. "I understand. You just look pretty funny when you're annoyed."

"Well, dude, that is because you are really annoying." Seungkwan nagged.

"You're like Mingyu." Wonwoo laughed as he chugged on his canned beer.

"Don't compare me with that gross dumb!"

"You know him?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow.

Seungkwan blinked and turned his head immediately back to the television. He held his cup again with his both hands while blinking. "Well.. uh.. Hey! Teen,Age is a famous group! how can I not know him?"

"You called him dumb. It looks like you know him aside from being an idol."

Seungkwan didn't answer back and kept his focus on the television.

"Hey.." Seungkwan cutted his silence. "You can rent your own apartment, way bigger than mine. Why did you decide to live with a shared one?"

Wonwoo took another sip from his can. "Teen, Age debuted a few months ago and we're a hit. We're pretty famous, you can say that but I didn't earn a lot of money from that time frame. Now, I left the group and my family is not that really well. It's wiser to go for the cheaper one. I'm also gonna go back studying."

"My apartment doesn't look cheap." Seungkwan rolled his eyes. "And you're studying again? Where?"

"Seoul National University."

"You are? Well, same." Seungkwan exclaimed and he felt the excitement for a short period but then cleared his throat when he noticed how Wonwoo's not having it. "See you around, I guess?"

"Yeah." Wonwoo responded timidly.

Seungkwan nodded and brought back his attention to the movie. "So.. you had a dating scandal. Do you have a girlfriend now?"

"We broke up."

"What?!"

Wonwoo finished his canned beer before answering. "She broke up with me after that dating scandal blew off."

"Oh what a bitch."

"She isn't. It's for the best, I guess?"

"I don't want to meddle with it but she should have stayed." Seungkwan laughed. "You got kicked out of the band because of that shitty scandal then she'll leave you-"

"No. It was me who chose to leave the group."

Seungkwan was shut silent.

"Teen,Age will be better off without me. They'll regain back their image if I'm not there and it is not just about the scandal. I had past issues like underage drinking and more. I will just ruin the picture so I left."

Seungkwan stared at him and he couldn't read any emotions.

"Hoshi hyung is mad at me for leaving. Calling me a coward." he explained while chuckling.

"You are a coward for real."

"I know." Wonwoo admitted with a smile.

Seungkwan saw a glimpse of sadness and regret in his eyes. It felt weird that he feels sorry for him.

"You know what? We should hang out before the classes start. So you'll get away from your remorse."

"I'm not guilty..?"

"Whatever you say." Seungkwan rolled his eyes. "Then let's just hang to get to know each other since we'll be staying together for a long time?"

"Why does it sound like you're asking me for a date?"

"No?!"

"There. There. Your annoyed face again." Wonwoo laughs.

"I hate you. Really."

"Fine. Let's hang."

"Good." Seungkwan held a bright smile and started finishing his hot choco.

"Also, I want to have back the favour I did earlier."

Seungkwan spar the chocolate on Wonwoo, staining his pastel shirt. He blinked and set his cup at the table and looked at Wonwoo with wide eyes, ignoring his wet shirt. "You're joking, right?"

Wonwoo wiped his face. "I'm not."

"Seriously?!"

"What?"

"Do you want to build a friends with benefits relationship with me!?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "Why not..?"

Seungkwan looked at him with disbelief. "You're really unbelievable."

"Hey, you enjoyed it. What's bad with that? It's not like you'll eventually like me because I'm sure you won't. Neither will I. No strings attached?"

"I don't fuck with friends."

Wonwoo leaned closer, leaving a small gap between their faces. Seungkwan didn't budge and gave him a deadpan look. Wonwoo's grin went wide. "Then let's just stay as roommates. Don't consider me as a friend."