31

"No. I don't."

Seungkwan pushes Wonwoo lightly and is about to get inside his room but the latter grips on his hand and pins him back on the wall.

"Stop lying."

Seungkwan blinks several times. Wonwoo's face is too close that he can't even look at his side.

"I'm not l-lying.."

"Jun told me. Chan clarified it too."

"W-what?!" Seungkwan pushes Wonwoo this time with more force. "What are you saying?! How did Chan know- I mean-"

Wonwoo crosses his arms and stares at Seungkwan with a grin. "So you really like me."

Seungkwan bit his lower lip. His cheeks burning from blushing and embarrassment.

"So are you going to confess or still deny it?"

Seungkwan hides away his embarrassment and looks at Wonwoo straight in the eyes with forehead creased. "Hyung, stop it. The deal is done and you'll be going out with Hyesun so it doesn't really matter at all. Stop messing up with me." Seungkwan sighs. "Fine. I like you. It turned out like that but we dealt not to mix our feelings as we continue with the deal so probably you're just making fun of me now.." Seungkwan looks away, face still red. He feels tired all of a sudden and he wanted to banish himself in front of Wonwoo's face. "I.. I have to rest. I'm so sorry."

Seungkwan faces his back to Wonwoo and turns his doorknob but Wonwoo grips on his wrist once again.

"What do you want hyung-"

"The thing I told, about asking Hyesun out. I didn't. I didn't do it." Wonwoo started. He saw the confusion in Seungkwan's face vanish and turns into a surprise. "When Jun and Chan told me that you like me.. I hesitated. It's weird but it felt like it's what I've been wanting to hear the whole time. Seungkwan, I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't hesitate to ask Hyesun out earlier if I still love her the way I did before."

Seungkwan purses his lips, trying every word from Wonwoo to sink in his head.

Wonwoo chuckles while shyly scratching his nape. "Yes, sex was great but you know.. having you around is still better."

Seungkwan remains silent, not knowing what to say or respond with Wonwoo. He can't tell if his fast heartbeat is because of nervousness or he's fluttered.

"I know you're overwhelmed but we can take it slowly. One step at a time." Wonwoo said. "No rushing."

"Wait. Is that your way of saying that you like me too?" Seungkwan raises an eyebrow.

Wonwoo shrugs. "I didn't say that I like you but if ditching Hyesun for you means that I like you then maybe..?"

Seungkwan rolls his eyes. "You're really unbelievable."

"What? Then let's try."

"Let's try what?"

"Let's try dating."

"You know I don't do relationships, hyung."

"I'm not asking anyway so you don't really have to answer. We'll date."

----------------

Chan chokes on his food and Seungkwan offers him a glass of water instantly. "Dude, it's about time! I'm happy for you!"

"No! You don't understand me!" Seungkwan pouts.

"I do Seungkwan, I do. So.. Are you two dating?" Chan asked, beaming.

"No." Seungkwan takes a spoonful of the fried rice. "I came here to congratulate you not to talk about Wonwoo hyung."

"Seungkwan, Chan is right. It's about time." Chan's mother places a bowl of ice cream on the table.

"Mrs. Lee." Seungkwan pouts once again.

"What? What's the matter? If he likes you too, there shouldn't be a problem at all."

"Mom's right. You're just a coward, Boo." Chan said, mocking Seungkwan.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!" Chan teases him more. "You wouldn't bother to visit me here at home if you're not avoiding Wonwoo hyung."

Seungkwan shut his mouth close. Chan was right. After the talk with Wonwoo, he sneaks out of the apartment to take some time to think.

"Talk with him. That's what you should do."

--------------

Seungkwan's mind is filled with thoughts as he walks home. It was already dark when he decided to go back but there's still nothing in his mind on what to do once he faces Wonwoo again.

He reaches their street and their apartment's building is in sight. As he walks closer, he saw Wonwoo standing outside, his one hand holding a plastic bag and the other is inside his pocket while tossing some rocks on the pavement with his foot.

Wonwoo sees him and waves a hand. Seungkwan gave him a smile and stops right in front of him.

"I just went inside my room for a while and then you were gone for hours." Wonwoo said.

"I'm sorry.. I needed some time to think."

"Here." Wonwoo offers a plastic bag. "My brother and Hyunwoo came by for a short time and the kid was looking for you. He said that these corndogs are for you."

Seungkwan smile brightens up as he takes the corndogs. "He should visit next time."

"He promised he will." Wonwoo smiles back. "Anyway, it's a bit cold. Let's go inside?"

Seungkwan nods and Wonwoo leads the way. They walk in the elevator and Wonwoo presses the button for their floor. Both of them were silent until Wonwoo speaks.

"Seungkwan, I'm sorry for pressuring you. I know you're overwhelmed so let's take it easy..? Let's not rush everything."

Their eyes met and Seungkwan saw Wonwoo smile. No, don't do that.

"Know me better first and I'll do the same. If you still like me by then.. then let's start dating for real."