44

"You did great Mr. Kim Mingyu." Seungkwan cackles as he compliments the guy. He then shifts his gaze to Wonwoo pursing his lips beside Mingyu. "Mr. Jeon, aren't you comfortable with the interview? Why are you so stiff?"

Wonwoo grips on his pants under the table. "I'm fine."

Seungkwan blows a whistle and nods at them while smiling brightly. "Good to know then. Good job with the interview. I had fun talking with you two." He said as he stands up from the chair and bows at them.

The staffs start cleaning the studio while giving good remarks to both Wonwoo and Mingyu. Seungkwan is already stepping his way out of the studio when Mingyu calls out his name.

"Yah, Boo Seungkwan!"

Everyone was shut silent. Mingyu's voice sounds irritated that almost all of the people inside turned surprise.

The tall guy realizes what he just did so he smiles and apologizes. He didn't waste another second and run towards Seungkwan.

"What's the matter, Mr. Kim?" Seungkwan asks, raising an eyebrow.

"You- Shu it, Seungkwan."

"Oh, what's with the temper-"

Seungkwan was shut silent when Mingyu envelopes him in a tight hug. "You dipshit, you didn't even bother to call."

Seungkwan chuckles, finally accepting the hug. His arms drape around Mingyu's waist. "Just say you missed me, I won't mind."

Mingyu pulls away and clutches Seungkwan by the shoulder. He looks intently into his eyes and scans his face. "Oh, you really look good now."

"Why do I feel offended? Do I look horrible back then?" Seungkwan frowns at him while Mingyu is quick to drag him towards Vernon.

"Vernon, Seungkwan's back. Can you believe it?!"

Vernon nods while laughing. "Well.. Welcome back..?"

Mingyu's a bit confused. Vernon doesn't sound excited as he should be. When he heard Seungkwan laughing at his side, it makes him more confused. "What- Hello, Boo is back? Shouldn't you be happy about that?"

"I am, of course!"

Mingyu crosses his arms while his head tilting. He stares at Vernon with suspicion. "You don't look like it- Oh- Don't tell me you knew?!"

Vernon laughs again. "Sort of?"

Mingyu starts blabbering, starting a squabble with Vernon. Seungkwan surely missed his friends that maybe seeing Mingyu killing Vernon in front of him seems entertaining.

"Seungkwan."

Mingyu stops from gripping Vernon's collar as they both turn their head behind Mingyu where Wonwoo is standing.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon?"

Wonwoo stares at Seungkwan, can't find a word to say.

It took him seconds and he's still silent when Seungkwan glances back at Mingyu and Vernon. "Should we grab some coffee. It's on me."

Mingyu composes himself as he and Vernon nod at Seungkwan in agreement.

"You want to come with us, Mr. Jeon?"

Wonwoo jolts from his spot. Seungkwan's invitation was unexpected.

"Seungkwan-"

"The shoot and interview probably wore you out."

Mingyu shut his lips close and stare at Wonwoo, waiting for his answer.

"Fine. I'll go."

--------------

"How come you didn't even bother telling us?" Mingyu complains at Vernon frustratedly.

"I don't have a single idea when he'll come back but he told us that he will. We met in New York when I and Jun hyung went there. Remember when we have to visit mom just to convince her to invest in my clothing line?" Vernon explains.

"That was six months ago- It's been six months and you never told us?! Also, Junhui?!"

"Yah, Kim Mingyu. Calm down. I told them not to." Seungkwan crosses his arms.

"That's unfair." Mingyu sulks. "And why are you even there? New York?"

"You're still the same. You never grow up, I guess?" Seungkwan leans and mocks him. "My sister suggested that I should continue my studies there since I want to go.. far away." He shrugs and takes a sip from his coffee. "I mean, I want to explore new environment so I agreed." His glance then darts to the quiet one beside Mingyu. "Are you fine, Mr. Jeon?"

"Why are you so formal?"

"Should I not be?"

Wonwoo purses his lips again.

Vernon avoids his gaze on the two while Mingyu wears a grin while sipping on his coffee.

"Oh." Seungkwan scans through his watch and stands up. "I need to go back to work."

"I'll drive you to work." Wonwoo stands up too but Mingyu was quick to hold his wrist.

"No. I will."

"Mingyu hyung, you're going somewhere with Hansol right? Don't bother. I can handle myself." He said with a smile. He gives them his final goodbye before leaving the cafe.

He was already walking through the streets when someone grasp on his wrist and his steps were halted.

"Wait, Seungkwan."

Seungkwan turns back and sees Wonwoo catching his breath from running after him.

"What's the matter, Mr. Jeon?"

"Can you stop calling me that? Call me Wonwoo." Wonwoo says with frustration in his voice.

Seungkwan didn't utter a word and just stare at Wonwoo, waiting for him to speak more.

Wonwoo sighs. He runs his fingers through his hair before looking back at Seungkwan. "I'll give you a ride, come with me."

Wonwoo grabs again the smaller's wrist but Seungkwan pulls his hands in an instant, freeing himself from Wonwoo's grip. "Stop."

"But-"

"I heard you still have a shoot for your movie. Don't bother." Seungkwan smiles at him and bows down. "Thanks for the offer." He lifts his head again, the smile never fading.

"Seungkwan.. can we talk?"

The younger pauses for a while as his smile vanishes. "I can't think of any reason why we should talk."

"Please?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Jeon. I'm in a hurry."

Wonwoo was about to speak again when a car parks beside them. The car window slides down, showing Jun inside. He waves at Seungkwan with a grin. "Boo, come on?"

"Hey, wait. Seungkwan." Wonwoo pleads.

"I really need to go."

Wonwoo won't let go but he did as soon as he saw Seungkwan looking at him with stern eyes.

"Fine, here." Seungkwan offers his business card before hopping inside the car. "You can call me. Work-related. Other than that, I don't think I can entertain you."

Wonwoo stares at the card before glancing back at Seungkwan.

"Bye Mr. Jeon. Nice meeting you."