3.

'I have good news!' The door slammed shut as Keira entered and threw her bag down to the floor, joining me on our large, velvet corner sofa where I was relaxing with a mug of tea after a long week at work

'Let's hear it,' I laughed, placing my mug down on the coffee table.

'I got the job!' she squealed, and my face immediately lit up.

'Congratulations!' I cried. 'I'm so, so pleased for you, Kei!'

'I start in two weeks and get my first pay at the end of next month,' she told me. 'Do you think we'll be okay until then?'

'We'll be fine,' I reassured. 'I am just so happy for you.'

'Thanks,' she laughed. 'At least this time I'm not just going to be some loser store assistant tidying up rails and standing around, I'm actually going to be a shift supervisor and have a lot more responsibility.'

'Well, I have no doubts you'll be amazing at it,' I told her.

'I actually can't wait to start,' she said, as she kicked off her boots and put her feet up on the sofa, grabbing a magazine from the coffee table. 'How was your day?'

'Ugh, well I finally finished sending out all of the invites for Joanne for the gala so I was relieved about that,' I replied. 'Joanne has been piling up the workload all week and I'm just relieved that it's Friday.'

'Do you have plans this weekend?' Keira asked.

'Obviously not,' I sighed. I didn't have many friends besides Keira and Kam and I wasn't one for partying or anything that involved drinking.

'I'm going out tomorrow,' she told me. 'A few of my friends and I are meeting for dinner and drinks if you want to join?'

'Thank you for the invite,' I replied. 'I think I'll just stay home though.'

'That's all you ever do, Ava,' Keira chuckled.

'And I'm content with it,' I replied, giving her a confident smile. 'I'm not a party girl.'

'We're hardly going to be partying,' she told me. 'It's dinner and a few drinks.'

'Kei, you and the phrase "a few drinks" do not belong in the same sentence,' I laughed. 'You won't be home until early hours of the morning.'

'I mean I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're probably right,' she replied, giggling loudly. 'Oh well, I hope you enjoy your weekend whatever you're doing.'