31.

Wednesday passed by with the same routine of doing nothing and when Thursday arrived, I actually got out of bed early and headed to the gym

Wednesday passed by with the same routine of doing nothing and when Thursday arrived, I actually got out of bed early and headed to the gym. I had been slacking again because of everything going on but I couldn't completely neglect myself over a man.

I worked out for an hour and a half, hammering the treadmill and cross-trainer before doing some light weights and legs exercises on the mat. I returned home and showered, letting my damp hair air dry afterwards and I threw on a baggy white t-shirt and headed to the kitchen to make myself lunch. I was starving after skipping breakfast and I was actually feeling happy that my hunger had returned.

Keira was working so I had the apartment to myself. The kitchen was a complete mess from our constant binge eating the day before and of course, Keira certainly hadn't made an effort to tidy it, so it was left to me. I washed the dishes, dried them and placed them away before scrubbing down all of the counter tops, cleaning inside the oven and microwave and then sweeping and mopping the floor.

Finally, I was able to make myself lunch, seasoning a chicken breast with some ancho chilli rub before placing it in the oven. Once it was done, I made up a salad and plated it up, sitting at the kitchen island and actually taking my time to enjoy it. It was my first proper meal of the week and it was nice. I tidied up once finished, and glanced around the apartment for something else to do. I didn't want to continue making an arse print in the sofa again and I was bored of watching Netflix. I had a few options; I could clean the whole apartment to bottom, read a book, organise the tins in our cupboard or even go through the drawer of letters and other junk and sort it all out. Everything sounded so mind-numbingly boring, so instead, I called my Mum.

'Hi, darling!' Mum greeted me cheerfully and I was immediately smiling at the sound of her voice. Once again, the problems in my life didn't seem so bad. Just hearing her made it all seem so trivial and helped me believe that I could get through it. 'Are you feeling better?'

'What? Oh! Yes, I'm feeling better,' I told her, forgetting that I had lied to her too about being sick. 'I mean I'll probably just take tomorrow off too with it being Friday anyway, but I'm okay now.'

'Why not, darling?' she giggled. 'You work hard and you've never been one for taking time off so what the heck.'

I laughed at her response and nodded along with her. 'Exactly, Mum. I guess I do deserve it.'

Of course I deserved it. The shit I'd been through lately, I felt like I deserved a two week, fully paid vacation, however, as nerve-racking as it felt, I knew I'd be back at my desk on Monday.

'So, how are you and Alex?' she asked me.

This is what lying caused. Now, I had to continue on with the fake story that the man I was seeing was named Alex and he owned a club in London.

'Good, actually,' I replied, wanting to swiftly change the subject. 'Anyway, how's Dad?'

'He's away on a golf weekend with Old Jimmy,' she told me. 'I'm just enjoying a little time to myself. I have a spa day booked for tomorrow.'