19.

The working week was just about coming to an end and I had actually enjoyed spending Kam's birthday with him behind our little desk

The working week was just about coming to an end and I had actually enjoyed spending Kam's birthday with him behind our little desk. We had ordered burgers to the ground floor desk for lunch, which were my treat, and he hadn't hesitated to milk being the birthday boy and send me on several coffee runs to the department kitchen for him.

After lunch, Kam and I were both working and chatting when the lift opened up and an unrecognisable woman entered. I knew right away that this had to be Saskia. She was a very tall girl but instead of being incredibly skinny like most girls around here, she had a very defined hour-glass figure with the most beautiful curves. Her jet-black hair was of a slightly crimped texture and reached her hips and her facial features were very small and pretty. She wore a bright red dress that passed her knees and hugged her shape beautifully. What surprised me most was that I instantly felt jealous that she was about to go upstairs and spend time with Caden looking this perfect.

'Hello, my name is Saskia,' she said, with a gorgeous smile, as she approached the desk.

'Oh yes, hi!' Kam replied, with a beaming smile. 'Mr. Clark asked me to let him know when you arrived. Would you mind taking a seat over there and I'll give him a quick call to notify him?'

She nodded and glided in her platform heels over to the red chairs to the left of the room. Kam was already on the phone calling through to Caden's office. 'Hello, Mr. Clark, it's Kamran from four; Saskia has arrived for your meeting....yes, of course, Sir...yes, no problem, bye.'

He gently replaced the phone and peeped over the desk to Saskia, letting her know that Caden would be a couple of minutes.

'He told me to give him five minutes then bring her up,' Kam murmured to me. 'He said he was a little bit preoccupied at the moment.'

'Preoccupied?' I questioned, frowning at him. 'What did he mean?'

'Well, I heard a woman in the background so he's probably finishing her off quickly,' Kam whispered, giggling at himself. 'Whoever it is.'

'Ew, that's gross,' I mumbled, but I felt the jolt in my chest. Could he be having sex with someone in his office? If so, I most definitely did need to get myself tested. At that very moment, the catastrophic anxiety returned; the very reason that I never got involved with such crude men like Caden.

'Maybe I'm wrong,' Kam said, with a shrug. 'But I'm probably right.'

I flickered through my emails, deep in thought about what could be going on in Caden's office and closely watching the time on my computer for five minutes passing by. The second the fifth minute switched, I turned to Kam. 'It's been five minutes; do you want me to take her up?'

'Umm...no, it's okay, I can do it,' Kam replied, checking the time. 'Just let me finish this email.'

'Well he said five minutes and it's been five minutes so I can take her if you're still busy,' I said, desperate to be the one to go up there. I figured that just seeing Caden would give me some indication of whether he'd just been having sex or not. 'I'm not doing anything.'