10.

'Ava Marshall, look at you!' Keira gasped as I stepped out of my room

'Ava Marshall, look at you!' Keira gasped as I stepped out of my room. It was Friday night and I was ready for my night out with Kam. I had decided to try and stick with a classy look for tonight, so I'd gone with a white, long sleeved, button up dress with a collar, pinched in at the waist with my brown Gucci belt that my parents had bought me a few christmases ago. I did apply a little extra foundation and lined my eyes with a liquid liner, giving them a little flick at the corners and finally, I finished off the look with a bright, red lipstick. I never ever wore such a daring colour, but I'd borrowed it from Keira and had to admit it went well with my lined eyes. It made me look older and certainly sexier. I felt silly admitting it to myself, but I liked it. My hair was straight and parted on one side and I accessorised my look with silver earrings, heels and bag.

'Thank you,' I giggled, as I did a little twirl for her whilst she laid on the couch with a bag of Doritos. 'Is the red lip too much?'

'No, it's hot!' she exclaimed. 'You look like a bad bitch!'

'Uhhh...is that a good thing?' I questioned.

'It's better than good!' she laughed.

I couldn't help but feel nervous for tonight. I knew I would feel a little bit disappointed if Caden wasn't there tonight but I liked to believe that after a long week at work he would certainly wind down with a drink or two at his club.

I'd seen Caden only three more times through the week when he'd stopped by the department. Each time, he'd simply greeted Kam and I with a smile and didn't say anything at all, except Friday afternoon when he told us both to have a great weekend as he left in the lift.

'Well, that's my taxi,' I said, exhaling lightly as I read my driver's text announcing his arrival. 'See you tomorrow!'

'Have fun!' Keira called out, as I exited our apartment. Being mad at Keira had become a long lost feeling as my plans for tonight became the main thing on my mind.

I climbed into my taxi and was driven to The Velvet Lounge where Kam was waiting for me outside. We headed straight in and moved to the third floor where the music was still the same but the lighting gave off a more chilled mood and the area was laid out with comfortable, red, leather sofas. The seating area surrounded a balcony that overlooked the second floor and at one end of the room was an area that was cordoned off with red rope. Behind the rope was one very large booth with podiums on either side fitted with poles that currently displayed two very beautiful dancers as they moved around it. Something told me that table was reserved for very important people and I wondered if Caden usually sat there.

We sat in some seats on the opposite side of the room to that roped off section, and I was glad I could keep my eyes on it to see if he appeared. Kam ordered us both treble vodka and cranberry and I let out a loud breath as I took my first large gulp. The last time I had drank something with this much vodka in had been back at university and I felt a shiver run through me as the vodka aftertaste hit.