5.

Thankfully, the week continued on with no further encounters with Caden

Thankfully, the week continued on with no further encounters with Caden. I didn't see him about so I had finally managed to relax by the time Friday came around and I was actually feeling pretty excited for a night out with Kamran.

The friend he would be bringing along was a girl named Ella and I had met her the last time I'd went out with Kam. Thankfully, she was quite similar to me and we got along really well, so I was looking forward to seeing her again too.

As soon as I got home from work, I showered and proceeded to apply some makeup before blow drying my hair and straightening it. I then got dressed into my tight skinny jeans, satin spaghetti strap vest top and pinstripe blazer, before throwing on some comfortable, nude stilettos. I matched my outfit with a nude clutch and once I was satisfied with how I looked, I left my apartment to hop into my taxi and met Kamran and Ella downtown.

I was seated in Lily's bar at a corner booth with Kamran and Ella shortly after and they were already a little tipsy. Wanting to ensure I had a good night, I felt the need to catch up and quickly drank up the strange cocktail Kam had already ordered for me.

'Whoa, girl!' Ella cried, laughing loudly. 'Bad week?'

'Don't even go there!' Kam exclaimed, holding up his hands dramatically.

Ella was an extremely beautiful brunette girl with perfect blue eyes and a smile that made you feel so comfortable around her. I guess she was another person in the city that I could call a friend, which was nice since I didn't have many.

'We are not going to talk about it,' I laughed, leaning over to catch the waiter. 'Could I get another...ummm...whatever this was?'

'It's a Long Island Iced Tea,' Kam told him, and he nodded and continued on.

'That did not taste like iced tea,' I chuckled.

'Oh honey, keep throwing them back as quickly as that and you might just wake up in Long Island,' Kam replied, and we all giggled.

'So, Ava,' Ella began. 'Any love interests since I last saw you?'

'Absolutely not,' I replied, rolling my eyes. 'I don't have time for guys.'

'You work the same job as me and I have time for guys,' Kamran said, arching his eyebrow at me. 'Anyway, she's totally lying to you, E.'

'I am not!' I exclaimed.

'So what about Alex?' Kam asked, mockingly.

'Alex is...not a love interest,' I told him.

'Well he must be a something or Kam wouldn't have brought him up and you wouldn't be blushing right now!' Ella laughed.

'Let her have one or two more of those special iced teas and she'll tell us everything,' Kam teased.

'Don't get your hopes up,' I laughed, thanking the waiter as he set down my drink.