9.

The rest of the night went by pretty smoothly with Kam and I keeping our seats in the lounge and knocking back several more glasses of champagne

The rest of the night went by pretty smoothly with Kam and I keeping our seats in the lounge and knocking back several more glasses of champagne. Luckily, I didn't do anything stupid or embarrassing whilst under the influence and Kam managed to successfully get me in a taxi home where I quickly passed out on my bed. I was also glad when I woke up on Sunday morning to remember that I had not bumped into Caden anymore that night after our conversation at the lounge bar, however, memories of the way things were between us still played on my mind.

I kept telling myself that I was overthinking; I kept reminding myself that Caden was my boss. Why would Caden ever look at someone like me in a flirtatious way? He had the pick of the bunch out of a ton of beautiful, model-like girls at VC and outside of VC too. It was just the way his eyes had flickered down to my mouth and the way I'd noticed his jaw slowly drop when I bit down on my lip; he'd looked transfixed and it was more surprising to me that my own reaction to his reaction was completely unexpected. It had turned me on and it had been a very long time since a guy had turned me on, as for doing so by just simply giving me a sultry look, that was most definitely a first.

Sunday was spent laying around for most of the morning before I forced myself to eat a light lunch and after becoming bored, I pulled on a crop top and leggings and went to the gym. I hadn't been for a few weeks and it was certainly time to get back into it. My gym was only on the next street over and running on a treadmill with some earphones in was the perfect way for me to drown out my thoughts.

Afterwards, I did some cleaning and then prepared a salad and ironed my clothes for work the next day, my favourite white sweater and black dress pants, before spending the evening in bed and nodding off early.

I was apprehensive about going into work the next morning, but also eager to see Caden for once. I had no idea why, but I just wanted to bump into him to see how things were between us; to see if I really had just been imagining that there'd been some kind of...spark.

Kam and I spent all morning discussing how much fun we'd had at the gala and I was in a really good mood. Alex arrived to work and greeted me brightly as usual, and even when Joanne entered and slammed a workload down on my desk, it didn't kill my mood.

'So, I still can't forget about the way Caden was watching you walk away the other night,' Kam said, as he continued tapping away on his keyboard.

I clicked through my emails as a smirk forced it's way onto my face and I clamped my teeth onto my lip to stop it. I liked the idea that Caden watched me and I had no idea why. 'I can't stop thinking about the whole ordeal! But I also think I'm overthinking it all. The one thing that puts me back in line when I convince myself that the conversation felt a little flirty is the fact that Caden would never even go there with someone like me. Plus, I still swear he is sleeping with his assistant.'

'You put yourself down too much,' Kam grumbled. 'He'd be lucky to have a chance with someone like you. You're not a skank like the rest of the girls that work here.'