14.

A full day of shopping with Keira had me drained the second I got back to my apartment and I spent the rest of the day in pyjamas watching re-runs of The Office before taking a long bath and settling in for an early night to catch up on the sleep ...

A full day of shopping with Keira had me drained the second I got back to my apartment and I spent the rest of the day in pyjamas watching re-runs of The Office before taking a long bath and settling in for an early night to catch up on the sleep lost the night before.

Sunday flew by quickly with me wanting it to last as long as possible before I had to return to work on Monday. I got up late and tidied my bedroom, changing the bed sheets and opening the window wide to get rid of any remaining remnants of Friday night. Afterwards, I headed for a long session at the gym and returned to have dinner with Keira where she continued to gloat about how easily she was going to win our bet. Not wanting to talk about it anymore, I took a long shower and spent the rest of the day in my room watching TV before I ironed and hung out my pink, pinstripe pantsuit and white shirt for work the next day.

It took a while for me to get to sleep but I eventually nodded off and woke up to my alarm. I took a shower, dried and straightened my hair and applied some light makeup before getting dressed, ensuring I buttoned my shirt right up to hide my hickies. Heading to the kitchen, I made a sandwich and grabbed some fruit before making coffee and pouring it into my flask. Finally, it was time to leave for work, and I drove there with a constant knot in my stomach the whole way.

'Good morning.' I greeted Kam as I arrived to work and sat at my desk.

'Hey, you look pretty today,' Kam replied, as he sipped on his mug of tea. 'I like you in pink.'

'Thank you,' I replied, as I started up my computer and logged in.

'How great was Friday?' Kam chirped, giving me a cheerful smile. 'I had so much fun; you were so funny!'

'Yeah, I had fun too,' I responded, feeling that niggle of anxiety flare up in my chest as Caden returned to mind. I wanted to tell Kam everything but for some reason I didn't feel like I could. Kam was my closest friend and I had a stronger relationship with him than I did with Keira but I also worked with Kam and I didn't believe I could deal with the stress of enduring Caden's presence at work with Kam right there constantly talking about us. It was a one-off thing that I felt was better kept from him.

'I still can't believe what happened with you and Caden,' he chuckled.

'What?' My head turned quickly and my heart raced as I watched him giggle. How did he know? Had Caden been talking? Did the whole department know?

'When you said he was being all flirty at the bar,' Kam told me, and I relaxed. I had told him about the brief encounter at the bar but nothing more after that. I could only imagine how outrageous his reaction would be if he knew the full truth.

'Oh yeah,' I said, laughing softly. 'Well, I don't really think there was anything to it. Maybe I exaggerated a bit because I was drunk...he was just being friendly.'

'Pffft, friendly,' Kam laughed. 'He probably wanted to bed you.'

'I don't think so,' I replied, pressing my lips together tightly.