34.

'Ava?' Alex saying my name snapped me out of my daydream

'Oh, sorry,' I said, mentally cursing myself for thinking about all of the ways I could get out of this date without making it obvious. 'What were you saying?'

'I was just asking about your plans for Christmas,' Alex said. 'Are you sure you're okay? You look a little...peaky.'

'Yeah, Ava, I was thinking that myself,' Caden said, glancing over at me. 'Maybe you're still a little under the weather.'

Stop talking to me! Take your annoying little date and fuckoff to another table!

'I'm okay,' I told them. 'I'm just going to use the bathroom. I'll be back.'

I got up from my seat and made a quick walk to the bathrooms, leaning down on the sink and breathing heavily when I got there. What the hell was he playing at? He had left me alone for two days after I'd made it clear to him that I despised him and wanted nothing more to do with him, only for him to question Alex and find out we would be here to then come here himself to simply taunt me! What was wrong with him? Was he going to be this way for good? Do everything possible to make sure I wouldn't be happy? Was he really that cruel? Of course he was...I still hadn't forgotten the disgusting things he had said to me that day. Him turning up to ruin my date should not have really shocked me at all.

I touched up my makeup and spent a few more minutes thinking to myself. I couldn't leave; I couldn't let Caden ruin this. Alex was sweet and so nice to me and I could possibly develop something more with him. I couldn't let Caden mess up this date for us.

Heading back to the door, I stepped out of the bathroom, only to see Caden waiting for me outside, as he leaned against the wall and raised a brow at me. 'You okay?'

'What do you think?' I hissed, moving towards him, anger rising inside of me. 'What the hell do you think you're doing?'

'I'm on a date,' he told me, with a frown. 'Why are you mad? I left my date at the table to come and see if you're okay.'

'Don't pretend like you care about me,' I told him, sternly. 'You couldn't give a shit! You're only here to ruin this date for me.'

'Whoa, you are way off, Ava,' Caden replied.

'I'm fucking right!' I snapped. 'Haven't you done enough? Am I going to have to endure this harassment from you for good until I'm forced to do something about it?'

'What the fuck are you talking about?' Caden asked, with a deep scowl. 'I'm not harassing you.'

'You haven't left me alone all week and after letting me think you were done with bothering me for two days, you question Alex and find out he's bringing me here then you turn up to ruin it for me!'

'You're out of your mind,' Caden laughed.

'Don't fucking make a joke out of this,' I warned.

'You seem to have convinced yourself that I'm obsessed with you or something,' Caden said. 'Think about it? Me obsessed with you? Maybe it's the other way around and that's why you can't seem to get over the fact that I'm no longer interested in you so you're making up stupid fucking scenarios to make yourself feel better.'