11.

'Give me another twirl, A!' Kam called out to me, as I danced by our table and he recorded me for his Instagram story again

'Give me another twirl, A!' Kam called out to me, as I danced by our table and he recorded me for his Instagram story again. I was laughing as I raised one arm in the air and swayed my hips. The night had continued on with us both in high spirits as we consumed more drinks and our laughter and voices grew louder. It was the best night I'd ever had.

I had allowed myself to glance over to Caden's booth a few more times as the next couple of hours passed by, and there he was every time, sitting with a few other men, sipping on his whisky and staring at me. How boring it must be to just sit in a booth all night watching other people have fun. Something told me he didn't let his hair down all that much the way I was currently doing. I might have been embarrassed that he was watching me dance, but I had drank far too much by that point to give a damn.

As I took my seat again, I noticed that Caden wasn't seated in his booth anymore, and I immediately dismissed the curiosity and turned my attention to the shots of pink tequila rose on the tray in front of me. It was the first time I had tried this and it tasted so good. I'd decided this was my new favourite shot and had lost count of how many I'd ordered and consumed.

Eventually, I noticed Kam's head getting a little floppy as his eyes flickered slowly.

'Kam,' I laughed, giving him a nudge. 'Are you sleepy?'

'I am just s-sooo...dddrunk...' he slurred, making me giggle as I checked my watch. It was almost 3am and I was shocked that I had lasted so long. I hadn't been out partying this late since freshers week at university, and even then I was usually practically passed out in the club by this time.

'Just let me quickly use the bathroom and then we'll leave,' I told him, over the heavy beat of the music. He nodded slowly and I got to my feet and made way for the steps down to the second floor, making a right into the narrow corridor that led to the ladies room. I was slightly unsteady and my vision was a little glassy, but I was feeling good. For once, I wasn't ready to puke my guts up.

The bathroom had a group of girls in fixing their makeup and talking loudly. One girl tripped over her foot and fell to the floor, making her friends, and myself, giggle loudly. I made a quick move into the farthest cubicle and sat down to pee, listening to their drunken conversations. I had no idea if it was just because I was drunk but their voices began to fade out until I could hear nothing but a strange shuffling and the sound of the door banging shut. I frowned as I got up from the toilet and flushed, pulling up my underwear and straightening my dress before I exited the cubicle, heading to the sink where I placed down my bag and washed my hands. The girls were all gone and the bathroom had an eery silence now. My head was beginning to feel heavy as I felt the tiredness set in and I quickly dried my hands under the air dryer before grabbing my bag and turning to leave.

'Oh my god!' I screeched, jumping back as my hand flew to my chest where my heart felt like it had just jumped out of it with fright. 'What the hell are you doing; you scared me!'