52.

Kam and I spent most of the morning laughing together about the disaster of a night out we'd had at the weekend

Kam and I spent most of the morning laughing together about the disaster of a night out we'd had at the weekend. Whilst I was vomiting in the toilet before getting kicked out, Kam was arguing with the bartender because he hadn't filled his shot to the brim of his glass before he got kicked out too. We found it amusing how we were both probably standing on the same street at the same time after being removed from the club but were too drunk to notice each other.

'So how the hell did you get home?' I laughed.

'A very kind street pastor put me in a taxi,' Kam chuckled. 'What about you?'

'I called Caden,' I groaned.

'Oh, did you guys fuck?' Kam gasped.

'Nope,' I replied. 'I stayed at his house but he slept in another room. Apparently I was being a royal pain in his arse.'

'I can totally believe that,' Kam cackled.

'We had a big argument,' I told him. 'He burned my dress in the fire and I threw what I think was a very expensive vase and smashed it to pieces.'

'Wow, A, that sounds toxic,' Kam said, shaking his head. 'I think you guys just need to stay away from each other.'

'No, it's not like that,' I told him. 'I was just drunk. It's weird but he was actually trying to be...respectful. He said he didn't want to take advantage of me when I was so drunk, I mean does that sound like Caden to you? Because to me, it just sounds like he's bored with me now and is over the sex.'

'It sounds to me like he has feelings for you,' Kam said, coughing falsely afterwards.

'Oh, don't do this,' I warned. 'We are having such a nice morning, don't ruin it.'

'Okay, okay, yeah, you're probably right!' Kam said, quickly. 'I think maybe he's just bored of you now and totally over the sex.'

'Hey!' I snapped. 'You're my best friend, you're supposed to convince me that he's just an idiot and I'm too good for him...or something like that.'

'No, no, if I'm wrong about him having feelings for you, then the only other explanation can be that he's bored of you,' Kam continued, and I frowned in vexation.

'I don't think he's bored,' I said, shrugging apathetically, even though the thought bothered me and a small part of me wondered if it could be true. Everything I had said to him about him thinking I was challenge still lingered in my head and it frustrated me that he could be over wanting to sleep with me.

'Well, then it must be his feelings for you then,' Kam said. 'His feelings for you make him care for you and respect you, therefore, not take advantage of you.'

'He doesn't have feelings for me!' I screeched.

'Okay,' Kam said, giving me a firm nod. 'Well, then he's bored of you!'