20.

My eyes opened slowly and all I could see was white

My eyes opened slowly and all I could see was white. I blinked several times before my vision became clear and then I could make out the swirling patterns on the ceiling above me. This was not my room.

Bolting upright, I glanced around at the very large bedroom that surrounded me. The walls were white, the furniture was white, the carpet was white, even the bedsheets that were draped over me were white. It was a beautiful room and I tried to squint through the small square frames that made up the two doors opposite me that led to a balcony. It was light and raining gently outside but where the hell was I? The last thing I could remember was being in the club, standing at the bar, drinking shots with...

'Oh no!' I gasped, as I looked down beside me to see Caden lying on his front. The sheets were pulled down so I could see his bare butt and I immediately glanced under them to study my own body. I was totally naked. I had to leave immediately.

Not wanting to step out of bed with nothing on, I tried to glance around the floor for a sign of my clothing but my movement was too much and disturbed Caden, causing him to wake up.

'Morning,' he grumbled, and I turned to him as he sat up. 'Woo! What a night that was!'

'What the fuck am I doing here, Caden?' I asked, as I pulled the sheets against my breasts.

'You came back here with me last night,' he replied, frowning at me as if it were obvious.

'Why can't I remember anything?' I asked. 'Did you drug me?'

'Are you serious right now?' he questioned, his mouth opening slightly in disbelief before it snapped shut and he gave me an unimpressed stare. 'Trust me, love, I don't need to drug you to get you to fuck me; you're the one whose idea it was to leave the club together and come here.'

'You remember?' I asked. 'The last thing I remember is us drinking those fucking ridiculous shots at the bar!'

'Yeah, well, I guess they do tend to cause a temporary amnesia the next morning,' he chuckled.

'It's not funny!' I remarked.

'We got drunk together at the bar and you started mouthing off about Saskia and her friends,' he told me. 'You were already drunk even before you had those shots.'

As if a switch had flicked, the memory came right back to me.

'What the fuck are you doing standing over here with me?' I asked Caden, with a deep scowl after I threw back my third shot. 'Shouldn't you be over there with fucking Sassy and her gorgeous friends in your shitty VIP booth?'

'Do I detect jealousy?' Caden sniggered, sticking his tongue in his cheek smugly.

'I'm not jealous,' I replied. 'Just generally curious as to why you've ditched those girls to stand here with me.'