61.

The next morning, I woke up full of smiles the second I realised I was in Caden's bed and the day before came rushing back into my mind

The next morning, I woke up full of smiles the second I realised I was in Caden's bed and the day before came rushing back into my mind. It was the first time in a long time that I was waking up happy and I loved it. Caden wasn't next to me, but I could hear the radio in the kitchen and I was instantly dying to see him and hug him. I rushed out of bed and down the stairs to the kitchen, where he was standing behind the island cooking and only wearing shorts. My eyes raked up his body then up to his face where his messy hair was thrown back and as he turned and saw me, he smiled and I completely swooned.

'Good morning,' he said, as he scooped a pancake from the pan and placed it onto a plate. 'That was perfect timing.'

I couldn't speak for smiling and simply walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. He chuckled softly and put down what he was holding, hugging me back before he kissed my head and released me. I sat down and began to eat the pancakes he'd placed in front of me as I looked around the kitchen I had been sat in more than once before. The other times it had felt different. My mindset had been different. The circumstances had been different. The vibe between us had been different. Now, it already felt homely and I never wanted to leave. 

'Sleep okay?' Caden asked me, as he sat down next to me with his own plate.

'Yes, very well actually,' I replied.

'So...my father called this morning,' Caden told me, and my little bubble of happiness instantly burst.

'Oh no...' I felt a familiar sense of dread fill me up and I felt too nauseous to continue eating my breakfast.

'He just wants to see us both tomorrow,' Caden said.

'I almost forgot we are back to work tomorrow,' I murmured, bringing up my thumb to nibble on anxiously.

'Stop,' Caden mumbled, pulling my hand away from my mouth. 'It will be okay. I'll explain everything; I'll do all of the talking. I certainly won't let him say anything disrespectful to you.'

'Oh god, I feel sick,' I groaned.

'It will be okay,' Caden said, placing a hand on my thigh reassuringly. 'Please don't worry.'

I couldn't finish my breakfast after that, so Caden took the remainder whilst I went upstairs to shower. I got dressed and reached into my handbag for my phone, seeing missed calls from Kam and Keira. I had to update them on everything that had happened. I texted Keira to let her know I was back in London and would be home soon. Then, I texted Kam and asked him to come around to my apartment. I figured it would be easier telling them both together rather than repeating the story twice.

I zipped up my suitcase again and carried it downstairs, where Caden exited the kitchen and frowned at me. 'Leaving so soon?'

'Well I do have my own home to go to,' I laughed. 'I need to take my things there and unpack. Plus, Kam is coming around and I need to...inform him of the latest news.'