54.

The party began at 8pm and after getting in from my shopping trip with Kam, I'd began the procedure of getting ready right away

After tidying up my room, disposing of the Chinese cartons left on my floor and the plate of leftover food on my dresser, I lit a candle and finally felt refreshed and ready to begin. I took a shower, shaving pretty much everywhere on my body and exfoliated my skin. I caked a hair mask onto my hair, leaving it on for a little while as I cleaned my body and then removed the hair mask so I could shampoo and condition my hair.

Sitting in my towel on my bed, I dried my hair and threw it up into a ponytail before applying a clay face mask to try and give my skin a soft and gentle look for my makeup to apply nicely over.

As I waited for my face mask to work, I filed and painted my fingernails and then my toenails. The mask had to stay on for half an hour, so I moved to the kitchen to grab a little snack, pulling a silly face at Keira as she lay spread out on the sofa.

There was a knock at the door and I paused on my way to my room, turning to her. 'Can you get that? I'm kind of...you know?'

She giggled and nodded, heading for the door as I returned to my room and studied my hardened face in the mirror.

'You can't just barge in here!' The sound of Keira yelling made me freeze and turn to my door as I heard heavy footsteps. There was only one person that could be.

My door opened and Caden stepped into my room. My eyebrows raised as I studied him in a casual grey sweater and jeans. It looked good on him. It was a nice change from his usual everyday work suit.

'How can I help you?' I asked, signalling to the towel I was still standing in and then the mask on my face. 'Not like I'm busy or anything!'

'What did you say to Sarah?' Caden asked, shutting the door and walking into my room. He looked pissed off.

'Who the hell is Sarah?' I laughed.

'My assistant!' he cried.

'Oh! Well...nothing really,' I said, shrugging. 'Why?'

'You know, it was extremely embarrassing for me to have to call her into my office on Monday and apologise for what she saw,' Caden told me. 'To actually try and convince her to not say anything was humiliating!'

'Well, she shouldn't have just barged in, Caden!' I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. 'Why should you apologise when it's her fault for not knocking?'

'Because it's still against company policy for me to fuck one of my staff!' he yelled, jumping to his feet.

'Okay, don't fucking start yelling at me,' I warned. 'I am in a nice mood, I'm having a relaxed afternoon getting ready for the party and you're killing my vibe.'

'I don't give a shit about your vibe, Ava, what did you say to Sarah?' he snapped. 'I called her this morning to ask her to reschedule all of my Monday appointments as I'm not going to be at work and do you know what she said to me?'