Time Together

~With Io; Friday~

We decided to spend some time alone, by going out to eat and have some lunch.

Finley: Io, there's something I need to talk to you about.

Me: What is it?

Fin: I know this would be out of the blue, but I just can't keep picking you up. How would you like to move in with me?

I was shocked, I didn't think he'd ask me to move in with him. I love him so much. Yes, I would.

Me: Finley, while my house is great and all, I can't be alone anymore.

Fin: And that means?

Me: Yes, I would move in with you.

Fin: Io.

He then kissed my cheek and hugged me as I did the same. I was in tears, but they were tears of joy.

After we ate and he paid the bill, he drove us back to my house.

Then we rented a movie at my place and he got to choose since I chose the last one. The movie he wanted us to watch is something he grew up watching as a kid.

Finley: Oh! Mystery Science Theater!

Me: What is that?

Finley: It's a show where a worker was sent into outer space and some robots he made have to watch horrible cheesy movies from the 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s. It's really funny. The robots and the guy actually comment on what's going on. There's an episode that I think will give you an idea on what it is.

Io: I'm interested. What's the episode?

Me: It has a movie called "The Crawling Eye". It's cheesy and I think it's the perfect episode to introduce to you to it. And it's the first episode of the entire show.

Io: Let's watch it.

I looked up the episode and pushed play. And the introduction song brought back so many memories.

Singer: In the not too distance future, next Sunday A.D.
There was a guy named Joel, not too different from you or me
He worked at Gizmonic Institute
Just another face in a red jumpsuit
He did a good job cleaning up the place
But his bosses didn't like him so the shot him into space.

We'll send him cheesy movies, the worst, we can find (la la la)
He'll have to sit and watch them all as we monitor his mind (la la la)
Now keep in mind Joel can't control where the movies begin or end (la la la)
Because he used those special parts, to make his robot friends!

Joel: Robot roll call
Singer: Cambot (pan left)
Gypsy (hi girl)
Tom Servo (what a cool guy)
Croooooooooooow!
If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts (la la la)
Repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax
For Mystery Science Theater 3000!

Io: Wow. That's actually pretty cool.

Me: It is. Wait till the comments, Io. That's when the comedy begins.

~30 minutes into the movie~

Crow: We're the Hat brothers.

Io was laughing at the comment crow made. Made me laugh too.

Actor: There she is.

As one of the sisters comes down... (in the movie of course)

Servo: Who's the tomato?

Io couldn't stop throughout the entire thing. She was dying of so much laughter I had to give her a glass of water just to keep her hydrated. I was laughing also but I controlled myself.

Here's a piece of the scene where they were talking about the movie so far:

Crow: Hey Joel, I heard the mad scientists talking about you and they said you had your head up your a-.

Joel closed Crow's mouth a the last millisecond before Crow said "ass".

Joel: That was a figure of speech Crow.

Crow: A "figure of speech"? What's that supposed to mean?

~With Io; One Hour and a Half Later~

It was so fun to watch something from Fin's childhood. I've never seen him this happy before. It's new. After the movie, he ordered some Japanese food that made me feel at home again.

Me: It's been a long time since I had this food.

Fin: It is?

Me: Yeah. This is good!

Fin: I wanted to respect everything you're about and since you're joining The Killjoy Gang next week, this is a way to celebrate.

Me: Aww. You're so sweet.

Fin: I tend to be.

I kissed his tender lips and hugged him for everything he's doing for me.

Like I said, Evil will always be a part of my heart, but Finley Flanigan is my man now.

I've moved on. And I'm happy.